Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher coil question. ? ? ?

ivanll

How to distinguish between an 7x11" DD coil for a 19kHz Gold Bug.......... and a 13kHz F75.......... or a 7.8kHz F5.

My new 7x11"DD (purchased for a GoldBug-Pro) have no stickers or other markings to indicate what model detector it is suited for.

Thank you.
ivanll

It's a disturbing indication,if no one can visually see the differences between a Fisher 7x11"DD coil for an F5 an F75 or Gold Bug-Pro.

One could obviously order a new coil and wind up with a totally incompatible Coil/Detector combination due to ignorance on the shippers part.

ivanll

I have heard that the coils for the GBSE will not fit onto the GBPRO, apparently they have different plug-ins....I have the 29 version of the GBSE with both coils (one of the good ones), and just ordered the new GBPro with the 5" coil and was told the 11" coil from my GBSE will not match up to my GBPRO, so will need to get the 11" coil via the coupon as well for $75.00..

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?35,1332879,1332879#msg-1332879

It might be of help.

Thank you Monte,.......yes I did read that.

One can identify a detector at hand by name and model, but how do we ID the coils that are compatible.

My 7x11"DD coil pictured looks like a Fisher/Teknetics coil and it has a 5 pin plug.

The plugs are not a good indication as to what detector they will work on, this type and size of connectors is often used by other detector and coil makers also.

Have contacted Fishers service dept, for info and clarification.

GoldBugCoils_Whoknows.jpg

A little Net research can be quite entertaining.......................or it can be confusing.
Research_Entertainment.jpg

One of the adds on the Net for a Gold Bug DP has a GB pictured with a 7x11"DD F75 coil.

ivanll

Funny thing their i seen a ad the other day Gold Bug Pro with 11 on it but in the back on top of the coil was a sticker that said Gold Bug Pro on it ill try to find it again, It was almost same as on the Face plate of the Gold Bug Pro

Bill