Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Coinstrike video

yogaguy

Hi Everyone.

I have a Coinstrike and have been trying for a long time now to understand the threshold control and sensitivity settings on the machine, how to set them correctly. I have read that each one affects the other if not set correctly.

So I was wondering if anyone could post a video segment on how to understand the threshold control and how it affects the Coinstrike machine? I would be willing to pay decently through paypal if someone could do this. I just really want to understand this machine. I've heard it goes very deep if set properly.

Thank-you. Sincerely, Randy

Bill Ladd stated at one point that he was going to make a video on the CoinStrike... but I don't know if he ever did?

yogaguy said:
Hi Everyone.

I have a Coinstrike and have been trying for a long time now to understand the threshold control and sensitivity settings on the machine, how to set them correctly. I have read that each one affects the other if not set correctly.

So I was wondering if anyone could post a video segment on how to understand the threshold control and how it affects the Coinstrike machine? I would be willing to pay decently through paypal if someone could do this. I just really want to understand this machine. I've heard it goes very deep if set properly.

Thank-you. Sincerely, Randy

If you haven't yet downloaded the manual for the "Gold Strike" detector it would be good if you did! That manual WAY better describes the Threshold adjustment than the Coinstrike manual.

Sensitivity and threshold are very related.

Sensitivity adjust the detection circuit's sensitivity to a target!
Thershold adjust the trigger (or gate) of the audio circuit. The closer the thershold is to zero the easier the audio circuit is to sound off!

Maxium depth is achived when the sensitivity is set to MAX and the thershold @ zero! But the more unstable the machine becomes to bad ground or EMI.
When interference happens then you have to work the two controls down until it stabilizes, something like this,

Bring down the sensitivity to a 7 or 8.
Set the thershold to a -10 to maybe -15. and so on until the detector smooths out.

You can also move one control at a time, then the other.

Also! the detector is a silent search detector, BUT! if you run the threshold up into the positive numbers then it will have a running threshold. I never run mine above Zero.

I also, have an audio file of me talking to a tech at Fisher about the threshold that I could send you if you want? just PM your email address.
But, don't forget to get the "Gold Strike" manual, the Gold Strike is so much like the Coinstrike it isn't funny!.

Mark

Yeah I know. I wrote to Bill a couple years ago and he mentioned that. I guess it just never materialized for whatever reason. It really would make things so much easier though, actually seeing someone demonstrate how to properly set it and how the detector would react with it set uncorrectly for certain ground conditions and EMI interference.

Hi Mark. Hey, it helps already just from your explanation from the example you gave. I didn't realize that having it as close to zero is ideal, if possible. I'm not sure why this control has been so misunderstood by me. I will download and read the Gold Strike manual as you mentioned. I've heard alot of good things about this detector and I just want to be as prepared as possible when out in the field. Don't want to spend a weekend hunting only to find out later that a detector set-up could possibly have cost me some good finds. Thanks Mark. HH. Sincerely, Randy