Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Coinstrike

silverseeker 2

Anybody out there still hunting with a Coin strike? I have a Coin strike in
Great Condition and am finally hoping to put it thru some paces this year as the
FEVER has returned. Anyone have some settings to start off with? I have
very mild to mild ground. I know these machines love Roundness but
are tricky to use until some experience under the belt with a Coinstrike.
To those that use or have used one, Is the Coin strike a machine that should be put to Pasture these days? All comments appreciated!!!
silverseeker 2

It's a very capable machine and it does like round objects but it has a tendency to love rusty bottle caps and rusty flat washers. It goes pretty deep though and it's great on deep Indian head pennies.

Great Condition and am finally hoping to put it thru some paces this year as the
To those that use or have used one, Is the Coin strike a machine that should be put to Pasture these days? All comments appreciated!!!
silverseeker 2
The COINSTRIKE is a great detector have patience with rusted bottle caps, in the right hands and settings its one my favorites. I have made a ton of finds. For me using even the stock coil and going with the famous Bill Ladd 5 12 99 settings & ground ballance the machine a few times is the key to success.
There is link dedicated to the C$ you can get lots of tips there. If you have intrest in the donut coil I can pass you the info from form member here. I pulled a pair of Standing Liberty Quarters masked by rusty knife with the small coil. if you need any help message me.
Best of luck with it.
silverseeker 2

I have one and it is a great relic machine in all metal mode on pasture away from EMI. Mine hates power lines and there is no adjustments for frequency shifts to get in stable. Lowering sens and threshold is it. It has the best all metal mode that I have seen when you can use it.

If you are not hunting around a lot of iron, turn averaging on. If you get into a lot of iron, turn averaging off.
Set your threshold somewhere between -25 and -10, then raise your gain up until it chatters, then back it off a number.
Sweep speed dependent so spend some time and figure out what speed it likes and thats the speed to sweep it. If it beeps and the number locks on good, dig it, no matter what the number is.

Good luck.
Mike

I was told by a few people that think the Coinstrike is a multi-frequency detector?
& they detect with it at Daytona in the wet sand.
Fisher says the frequency of the Coinstrike is Proprietary will not answer.
What do you Coinstrike users say?

My Coinstrike didn't do good in wet sand here in NC, but on the dryer black sand high up on the beach, it did better than my CZ5 and Sovereign. Is a strange machine.

I miss my first one the most. It had a light sabre hum around the edges of the audio. Its a single frequency unit, specifically designed for high mineral ground; specifically high conductors in high minerals. If I was a serious old coin hunter, I would still have one.

It was also excellent around big iron. Ahhh.....Nostalgia !

HH
Mike