Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ-5 owners, I need some help!

is something wrong with my cz70pro?? When I lay a penny on the ground it will have the overload sound. Something wrong. I think not as I
have found many coins with it. Three silver dimes last time out. Just my experience

With the 8" stock coil, sens at 2, vol at 4, GB at 5, disc at zero on all 3 units, air test in side.
The CZ 3d & 5 will give a over load with a quarter at 1 inch from the coil...in the center...

The CZ 70, I can take the same quarter holding it flat and push it through the hole in the center, going in from the bottom or top..and not a peep.

This is strange, but I have found good coins with all units...
BJ

I don't understand the argument as there seems to be a screw up in either the online manual or the ones distributed with your machines. After viewing the online manual Digger appears to have been correct in his quote. I think maybe you should take it up with the Fisher web master, if there is such a person anymore, and get their online manual corrected if you feel they are wrong. But to jump the gun like you guys have is inexcusable and pretty childish. The man was simply offering some help to someone obviously needing it.
If you will note the word "more" does not appear in the online version, just as Digger has tried to explain to you. I agree pinpointing isn't difficult and I haven't a clue why they would even have worded it that way but guess what ? They did...

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

I'd like to thank everybody for your input on this issue. The dealer I purchased this from and I have come to the conclusion that this newer style of CZ-5 is likely one of those desirable "hot" units that we hear about every so often, just as Digger originally suggested, as the original owner has in fact confirmed that this detector has always reacted this way towards surface coins. I'll be doing some air testing and in-ground testing against my original CZ-5 to determine for sure what the characteristics are like.

Although I'm not going to mention the dealer name, I am very pleased to report that we worked together in a very cordial fashion after some initial bumps and have come to a wonderful conclusion for all involved.

Again, thank you all for your input as every post helped to determine what was being experienced here... :)

Glad to hear you were able to figure out the situation, and work things out with the dealer as well.

Life is full of bumps! It's how you deal with them that matters. Sounds like you're getting through these just fine! HH Randy

I have a CZ5 and I love it..Maybe I don't know any better.. My problem is with silver, I dont' find any, lots of pennies dimes and quarters but no silver, How come ? Be nice, i'm old

Snipe said:
I have a CZ5 and I love it..Maybe I don't know any better.. My problem is with silver, I dont' find any, lots of pennies dimes and quarters but no silver, How come ? Be nice, i'm old

If you're finding clad, you'd be finding silver if it was there.

I get same on my CZ-5 on quarters, and larger.
just sent mine to Tom Dankowski for a check up myself.
If anyone other that Dave Johnson can answer your question Tom is your guy.
Cheers,
Drew.

Nortonics said:
Time is of the essence on this issue so I sure would appreciate any feedback. Thanks much!

Hopefully "time is of the essence" means within eleven years...:rofl: