Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ 6a mint like new value?

Chuck(NC)

Just wondering if a CZ 6a would be considered worth more than a CZ 5 being both in like new condition. Here lately the CZ 5's in super nice condition seem to be bringing just as much as the newer used CZ3d. Just looking for opinions on CZ 6a vs CZ5 value. Thanks

I think they would be pretty much equal in value. I like the CZ6a for it's weatherproof design but no external speaker makers it a pain in the butt to play with around the house I have to take on and off the headphones.

IMHO CZ prices tend to be governed by condition and coils included. Most models seem to run 4 to 6 hundred dollars. The preferred models just seem to sell a little faster. No hard and fast on used equipment. Just one guys opinion, but I have bought 4 CZ. :detecting::thumbup:

If I was looking to by a CZ land detector I'd be willing to pay more for a CZ-6a because I prefer the fact that the CZ-6a is water resistant and the CZ-5 is not.

If I wanted a CZ with a build in speaker I would not hesitate to buy a CZ-5 (or a CZ3d, depending on the price) as all CZ's have proven their worth in the field.

From one old geezer to another....CZ6 had a 4 pin coil connector that failed a lot and was molded so couldn't be repaired also had a pigtail connector for the headphones....In 93 or so a lot were changed over to the CZ6a with 5 pin connector that could be repaired and pigtail was done away with...Also CZ6 was discontinued and all CZ's were the a model...

Thanks for the reply Dan-Pa. I liked my 6a and thinking about buying another one, if I can find one. There are plenty of 6's out there but haven't much luck finding the 6a.

I have seen several upgraded 6s that were still referred to as 6s, but had no mention of no longer having the old connections.

350- 575 most of the time with one coil and the 575 is most likely a cz3d I have seen cz5 go for as little as 300.00 just depends on the shape.Most cz5s I see go for around 350.00

Chuck you sold one of the hot CZ-5's to tnrob! Man that thing is hot as told him to keep me in my if he sells it. It's one you can run wide open and hit a dime at 13''! That is hot in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I have had three 3D's two 1021 and one newer and the CZ5 I passed Robs way got the best depth of all the ones I have had.

oneton said:
350- 575 most of the time with one coil and the 575 is most likely a cz3d I have seen cz5 go for as little as 300.00 just depends on the shape.Most cz5s I see go for around 350.00

I don't think you can touch a CZ5 in good condition for 350.00 anymore, look on ebay a CZ5, CZ6a go for 450-550 Tom D certified

"I don't think you can touch a CZ5 in good condition for 350.00 anymore, look on ebay a CZ5, CZ6a go for 450-550 Tom D certified ..."

u2robert,
I don't know...that doesn't appear to be accurate. The 3 CZ5 units that sold in Feb on eBay went for $250, $300, and $385. (the $385 one had a 10.5" coil)
There was one listed twice in March for a BIN of $550, but didn't sell either time.
There's one from the UK on right now for $520, but it includes all three coils.

No, I think Phillip(oneton) was actually kind of optimistic about CZ5 prices.

hh,
mike

trojdor said:
"I don't think you can touch a CZ5 in good condition for 350.00 anymore, look on ebay a CZ5, CZ6a go for 450-550 Tom D certified ..."

u2robert,
I don't know...that doesn't appear to be accurate. The 3 CZ5 units that sold in Feb on eBay went for $250, $300, and $385. (the $385 one had a 10.5" coil)
There was one listed twice in March for a BIN of $550, but didn't sell either time.
There's one from the UK on right now for $520, but it includes all three coils.

No, I think Phillip(oneton) was actually kind of optimistic about CZ5 prices.

hh,
mike

Did you not see the condition they are in? look at the worn hand grips, the tatted padding in the arm cuff, scratches on the shaft and coils, scratches on the control box, rivets rusted etc..............I said in good condition.

The 6a I bought from Mike/NC was in very good condition. Was in an old park last week and got a signal, started digging and went past the handle of my digger. All I could see was SILVER, bottle cap. LOL They will go deep and good on nickels too. I think as good as the 3D.

Joe,
Glad you got a good one. There can be quite a bit of variance in depth between CZ units, mainly due to the labor intensive calibration process of each of the two frequencies.
Most are decent, a few are downright hot! If you get a hot one, don't ever let it go. You'll regret it later.

Hope to hear you find some silver and gold real soon...

:)
mike

Went to a park today and found $3.18 including one of those 1$ coins. Hunting buddy using my 3D found $1.48. His first time using a detector. Got the executive director at my YMCA out Fri and he found a little but the area we were hunting wasn't that good. He is ready to go again! Did find a small silver pendent today.