Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ-7 no online information *CZ-7a Only*

clockdryve

So what's the deal with the Fisher CZ-7 metal detector.....??
I purchased one locally with an 8" and "puck" sized coil with extra rod for $150 (cheapo headphones included).

It has the original CZ-7 manual but when I search online for info of the detector all I find is CZ-7a information.
And at the Fisher website I also get the manual for the CZ-7a with nothing mention of the CZ-7 so is there ANY difference??

Try this link for a review on the Fisher CZ-7:

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/fisher-research-cz-7-quick-silver-metal-detector

-NEBeachcomber

CZ7 was the first digital CZ and was slow to pinpoint and used batteries in storage..These two problems were corrected on the second edition CZ7A......In essence same detector as the original CZ7...Both were rod mount only and didn't seem to catch on and were discontinued..perhaps the best ergonomic CZ ever with batteries under the armcup that lasted a long time...

Thanks for the Info Guys.....

I don't get online much to the metal detecting forums as I've had back surgery about a year ago and I put down my machines for awhile.

Need to start back up again soon....

I SEE what you mean about the CZ7 using batteries up....I turned it on (inactive since this first post), and the batteries were "completly" flat out dead....

After reading this I see why. (thought I had a short)

Odd that they made a machine so "terrible" to battery life.

Nothing like finding your expensive batteries gone after sitting around for awhile. WOW

Is there a factory or user mod to deal with this I wonder??

Thanks Again.

Jim H

I have an original CZ7 and a CZ-5. I like the ergonomics of the CZ-7 alot better. I can hunt longer with the CZ-7
You get use to the slower pinpoint, no big deal
I saw somewhere where a guy added a toggle switch to cut off power from batteries to control box.
I just remove my battery packs when not using the detector.