Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ21 Air Test Video

adamBomb

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M224oLtH2bA[/video]

Thanks. This helps answer some of the questions I had from your book.

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Detecti...dp/B01GLRJ57Y/

Thanks for the video.....Do you have an audible threshold at max sensitivity in Autotune? Sounds like you do.

Some models do and some don't. Maybe this equates to the overall sensitivity of the machine and why some are hotter than others.

My CZ21 has a threshold that kicks in quite early. A friend of mine has a model that has no threshold at max sensitvity. My detector is deeper by an inch or so (air test).

Thanks again,
Tony

Tony said:
Thanks for the video.....Do you have an audible threshold at max sensitivity in Autotune? Sounds like you do.

Some models do and some don't. Maybe this equates to the overall sensitivity of the machine and why some are hotter than others.

My CZ21 has a threshold that kicks in quite early. A friend of mine has a model that has no threshold at max sensitvity. My detector is deeper by an inch or so (air test).

Thanks again,
Tony

Mine is quite at 8, in an air test with no EMI. But at 10 there is a threshold and I believe my machine is hot after doing more research and hearing your experience. I assume the machines that can hear it have their sensitivity set just a tad higher making us able to run our machines hot. I just picked up an 8'' CZ21 for water hunting and am going to do some tests on it and I am probably going to sell my 10'' because I don't see it getting much use now.

adamBomb said:
I just picked up an 8'' CZ21 for water hunting and am going to do some tests on it and I am probably going to sell my 10'' because I don't see it getting much use now.

What do you prefer about the 8 inch unit compared to the 10 inch unit?

tvr said:
adamBomb said:
I just picked up an 8'' CZ21 for water hunting and am going to do some tests on it and I am probably going to sell my 10'' because I don't see it getting much use now.

What do you prefer about the 8 inch unit compared to the 10 inch unit?

It's for taking in the ocean. I didn't mind the 10 inch but it's been so hot out I have been going in much more and it gets tiring fast and I really like the Cz in the water. I figure it will allow me to cover area better because it will swing easier. I got a great deal from a local here in Wilmington. I also got an excal from another local around me that I am modding with a 15 inch coil or getting a ctx with 17 inch coil for the dry and wet sand.

Kind of what I found with the larger CZ coil; lots of water drag. I had been toying with the idea of putting the FZ-12 coil I have on a CZ20 or 21. My CZ20 has the 8 inch and it has a lot less drag in the water than the 10 inch has. The FZ12 is very thin profile and does not produce a lot of water drag, but I really like doing wet sand with the FZ12 on my CZ6A. Since there are no new FZ12's to be had, I think I need to keep the one I have on the CZ6A. Kind of a shame there isn't another 10 to 12 inch thin profile coil option for the CZ.

tvr said:
Kind of what I found with the larger CZ coil; lots of water drag. I had been toying with the idea of putting the FZ-12 coil I have on a CZ20 or 21. My CZ20 has the 8 inch and it has a lot less drag in the water than the 10 inch has. The FZ12 is very thin profile and does not produce a lot of water drag, but I really like doing wet sand with the FZ12 on my CZ6A. Since there are no new FZ12's to be had, I think I need to keep the one I have on the CZ6A. Kind of a shame there isn't another 10 to 12 inch thin profile coil option for the CZ.

I jist wish either fisher or minelab would offer a version that allowed us to switch coils. 10ft waterproof is fine for most of us. Its why i am considering the ctx although its a lot of cash to put into one detector...especially one with so many issues