Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Detector,which one.

crusher28

I would like to buy a new fisher detector and would like to know which one to upgrade too? I have the F5. CZ5, and the 1280. I can spend up to $1500. (NO I'M NOT RICH).Cashed in all my finds from the last 4 years. I hunt mostly parks and beaches.

Crusher,
I would go f75 ltd with tue boost mode and extra 5" coil. I love mine for separation and depth. Feel free to call or email me with any questions Sent ya a pm!

I agree with Big Boys. I couldn't afford a F75 and purchased a F5. For the money the F5 has been the best metal detector I've owned to date. that being said,
I know the F75 has got to be a great machine! I'm sure it has a learning curve so read up on it. Good luck!

Not that I've owned an F75 LTD, I would say yes, but also have a look at the Gold Bug Pro while your at it.

Yes, the F5 has been a great unit for me too ! The Gold Bug Pro is living up to it's hype at the moment too !

Not sure what one I would get next as the 2 that I have seem to be doing just great (F5 and Gold Bug Pro).

I'll wait for now and make the most of the two that I have.

I can't find fault with the advice given above, but you seem to have really covered well the type of hunting you do with the MDs you already have. Have you considered upgrading your accessories... coils, pinpointers, digging tools/sand scoops and such?

Oh yes! I purchased a 5 inch dd coil for my F5 recently and I love it. It's working out great in the trashy area's I hunt. I haven't taken it off once since I put it on. I also got a Lesche Relic hunter pro digger for the woods that I hunt and a Garrett Pro pointer. It's made a huge difference in my recovery time! The next purchase I'm going to try to make is the 11 inch dd coil for my F5. I got to wait a while for that though.

Get at least the F70 or the F75 if you want a back light and a few other bells and whistles - worth the extra $. You may be able to pick up a used F70 for about $4-500 and a used F75 for $5-600.

Rob in Tennessee

I am having a great time with my FISHER F75 LTD. See some of the finds in the post above. I bought the fisher f75 because of all the information it will tell you other then relying just on sound. My hearing is not what it used to be. The FISHER give me so much information that I can rely on most of the time. But you have to make your decision base on your needs and hunting priorities. I chose the F-75 because I thought it would help me the way I wanted. So far I have not been disappointed. This is MY OPINION. I still love my other detectors and still use them.