Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Detectors

Bought a CZ-3d from Kellyco a few years ago, I thought it was just me having problems with it and I have struggled with it. A few weeks ago I put new batteries in it and it died while trying to pin point a target. Batteries checked okay, I put another set of batteries in and it squawked and died again. I called Fisher Labs and talked to a repair rep. He informed me I did not have a warranty on my machine. I questioned him as to why and told him that I had not mailed my card in. He stated that that was part of it and the detector was old. As the mail registration card plainly stated that not mailing in the card did not affect the warranty, I had not mail in my registration card. The rep. had me fax my blank card to him. The rep then said to send them the detector with a return Number he gave me and they would evaluate it and send me a quote for repair cost. Luckily, I believe that I got some bad batteries. Put some new fresh batteries in with power on and reset the unit. I'm still struggling with it being erratic, it over loaded with a clad quarter (ringing tone) I tossed on the ground this morning. The reason I chose a Fisher over a White when I bought the unit was for the Life time warranty, it was a selling point mentioned by the seller. They may not have charged me(LOL) but I decided not to invest any more in it. It still may just be me not using the machine correctly, but I'm buying a older white

was never a problem with the Old Fisher. That rep gave you a bunch of bull IMO. In fact, a while back one of the dealers on here posted a letter from First Texas Fisher stating in part that they would honor the lifetime warranty. 3 years is not that old either!! Either the person you talked to was mistaken in his reply or Fisher is changing their tune now.

Tom

Hi Dan, Find out the name of the person, who posted the message concerning First Texas Fisher Co.,, HONORING EXISTING WARRANTEES & LIFETIME WARRANTEES.
Then call FIRST TEXAS FISHER, and talk directly to him, concerning any warranty repair, before you DISCARD your CZ-3D. That detector wasn't cheap, and it seems to me
that with Corporate America TODAY, you have to be FIRM but POLITE to get them to DO THE RIGHT THING!! There is an old saying, "Squeaky Wheel Gets Grease"!!
BEST OF LUCK, Les Robinson

Thank you for the reply and luck. I have been studying the fisher forums for a while trying to see if I am doing anything wrong my CD-3d. I am assuming everyone is talking about Mr. Bills post in the regular Fisher forum stating the new fisher will stand behind there fisher detectors. It is signed by I quote " FRL Customer Service Dept." I am actually more upset with the service department than I am with the detector. Also my intention was to respond to the prior post about honoring the life time warranties.

Good hunting
Dan

on the cz-5 you will get the overload signal on a quarter if you get the coil too close so that part may be all right with yours.

Thanks for the information, I knew it had to be me LOL. I did get awful close to the quarter. I am having problems ground balancing with the bobbing method. I am placing my coil on the ground, with detector in auto tune. Turning power on and adjusting the sensitivity to get a slight background feed back. I then bob the coil and try to adjust the ground balance. Normally this control has no effect and I cannot balance this way. I normally have to simply go to the presets and then auto tune by pressing the button. I am never sure that I am really balanced properly, and cannot turn the sensitivity above 3. If I do I get all sort of ghosting instability. Is this normal?

Good hunting
Dan

The coil needs to be off the ground when you start. Try putting it in Auto tune, volume on 10, and with coil "off" the ground...at least a foot or more, turn the sensitivity up until you hear a slight hum. Then make your adjustments on how it sounds as you approach or leave the ground. Make sure you are not around metal. You will get the hang of it in time. It is a great machine and as you know, ground balance is very important. Don't give up!

Thanks for the information, unfortunately my detector does the same thing either way. Not sure if its positive or negative, but ground adjustment simply will not change it. I'm beginning to think the earth around my home is very high in iron content, and that may be the problem here. It is also where I have tried to learn how to use it. Don't get me wrong, I find things with it, I have found shot gun shells, rifle cartridges, plows, picks, shovels, and aluminum cans of all sorts (all giving a nice clear high tone)and one nice Indian arrow head(no tone,(LOL). I can't believe that the drunken fools (judging from the amount of shells and beer cans I found) shooting on my place didn't at lease drop a few coins. Going to take it to the beach and try there again soon. The last time I could hold it up in the wind on the factory presets and it would play me a very nice lively tune, and it lied to me so much I considered running it for some sort of public office. My average is about thirty-five cents in clad (nothing else) on the beaches for each trip so I'm sure they have hauled in sand to build them back up, you know a blind hog gets a acorn every once in a while (LOL). I really appreciate you help however.

Sincerely
Dan

HI Guys. I received a White's silver eagle this morning, I unpacked it and was hunting within minutes.It ground balance perfectly in the worst area on my property and I found things I had past over with the fisher. I am now 90% sure there is something wrong with my CZ-3D.

Thanks for all of your help!
Good hunting all
Dan

The CZ3D would be well worth the effort to have it repaired.In my ground conditions this CZ worked much better than the Eagle Spectrum I had.The CZ on the beach is great also.The CZ will over load on surface coins.There's a local White's dealer I hunt with who chooses the CZ over anything in his shop.

Thank goodness for this forum. Maybe I will dust off my Quicksilver and try again. Not buying from
a good dealer to show you the ropes is a mistake.

Hi Dan

have you seen Nasa Toms dvd?

www.dankowskidetectors.com

Will help you loads with your CZ-3D.He is a expert on this unit.

hope this helps.