Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher edge

catclan

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Fisher ID Edge. I never used an MD before so I followed the directions with the Edge to use the factory preset. I have it set for old coins. The first time I used I found 2 copper pennies in my backyard. Today, I searched again and the Edge was jumping all over the "+" numbers and registering OL for overload.

Am I doing something wrong, any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Regina

Sounds like the jumping signals could be any combination of too much sensitivity, poor ground balance or electrical interference. Try lowering the sensitivity, and make sure you ground balance over clean ground.

Overload is usually from a large metal object close to the surface. Try raising the coil so you can get a proper ID.

Did you ground balance today? Did you perhaps set the sensitivity too high? Could there be some electrical equipment in operation close by that might not have been operating before?

OldeTymer