Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fisher f 4

trkdrvr38

Just picked up a f4 for 250 works great it seems better than my delta 4000 especially with the ground balance just looking for tips and opinions Thanks!

trkdrvr38 said:
Just picked up a f4 for 250 works great it seems better than my delta 4000 especially with the ground balance just looking for tips and opinions Thanks!

Got an F2 but except for the large coil and ground balance, essentially the same.

The DD coil is great but does not pinpoint like a concentric.
Get a signal, wiggle the center of the coil over the target and slowly pull back...when the signal drops off, the target should be right under the front of the coil if shallow, maybe an inch in front if it's deep.

Rapid recovery on Fisher's, maybe the Delta was the same, but just get the right swing speed down and you should pick up target very close to each other...or good targets near trash.
Target separation with my 8" concentric is fantastic, I assume the DD coil will be just as good.
Once, I had a zinc signal and if I moved the coil just slightly to the left the signal dropped...moved to the right slightly and a solid zinc signal again.

This was a zinc penny about 4 inches down about 1 1/2 inches to the right of a rusty nail at the same depth.
I was impressed!

clad dimes on mine usually come in at 68-70, copper pennies in the high 60's.
most of my silver, dimes or rings, came in at a pretty solid 71 most of the time.

Steel pennies came in at 75-76.

Clad quarters are usually even numbers 78-80-or 82, and I just discovered a silver quarter might just show up as a 83.
nickels will bounce from 30-33, 34 and up are usually tabs, but not always.

small gold rings will come in at foil, a little larger will be tabs, and a huge class ring I dug 2 weeks ago was a solid zinc signal.
Man was I surprised...I was digging a zincoln, I thought.

Most foil and can slaw will be pretty jumpy in the numbers, but solid good targets will usually settle on one number on the VDI...but not always on either one.

I knock out iron and dig everything else for this reason and I have been surprised from time to time.

Check your PM's for more info.

HH