Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher f-5 vs. Fisher 75 +

C.J.M.

Ok gents how do you compare this two detectors by Fisher?If making a choice which one would you prefer to keep?Any feed :) back would be appreciated.Thanks cjm

Ive never heard of the M-5, and a google search didn’t have any results. It suggested a CZ-5 though. Could you link it?

Maybe he means an F5. Never used an F5 and no longer own an F75 so can't help with your question. I really like the F19/G2+ for my high mineralized area.

Jeff

I own a F5 and my brother has a F75, both detectors are similar but the 75 has a few more options on it.
I've gotten used to how the F5 talks learning something every year so to me that relation is worth a lot.

The F5 IS a silver killer. Easy to use and understand. I liked the fact that I didn't have to go through menus for anything. The general screen layout is fantastic. I never used an F75 but have only heard good things about it.

I've been on several sites with a lot of Fisher owners, the F75 is praised over and over for it's ability to find and find deep where others never got a beep. I've never owned one, but did own a F5, I liked it, didn't love it, good machine, a decent amount of time needed for learning curve, but seemed more like a shallow clad collector than anything. My current Minelab X-Terra705 I'm selling runs circles around the F5(my opinion guys) and keeps up with the F75 and found things my buddies F75 didn't. I'm upgrading to the Safari, I just prefer the multi frequency units. Jusy my 2-1/2 cents. Another note, a lot of people who sold their F75 thinking they were upgrading...deeply regretted it and re-bought the F75 at some point based on more than a few I've read on various forums.

Hi C.J.M,
Been thinking about your question. I would have to pick the F75+ over the F5. My past problem with the F75 was that the EMI in my area would make the F75 unusable. But that has changed with DST shielding. Now the F75 runs stable. A smooth stable F75 is a dream machine to drive. The feature set of the F75+ gives you a lot more environmental site control. 11 programs (4 all metal and 7 disc) that work with any of the 11 tone options gives you more dial in options for the target and sites you are hunting and again, stability is just sweet on this unit. Nothing in the world like it.

What I really liked about the F5 was that I could run it hot at low gain settings with weak target audio boost. What I didn't like about the F5 was that I couldn't run it hot at higher gain settings. Great jewelry hunter but not so great a coin hunter in the higher EMI, higher mineralization sites.

Coil control is different between the two. The F5 has to have a medium sweep speed.....too fast and targets go invisible. On the other hand, the F75 requires a faster sweep for maximum depth and requires a little more ground signal in the response to get good. You can slow down for the Boost modes but in the non-boost modes the F75 likes a little speed and more ground response in the reading.

Between the two....the F75+ is the clear winner and the one I'd recommend.

Good Luck,
Mike