Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher f-5

C.J.M.

Has anyone hunted the Fisher F-5 with the 11" fisher coil? How will the 11" fisher stock coil do against the Nel 9.5" x 5" d.d. coil ?:shrug:Thank you cjm

My F5 came with the 10" elliptical concentric and the tiny round sniper concentric.
Both worked ok, the sniper seemed fine but nothing spectacular and the 10" was good but the same type of coil works a lot better when it is mounted on an F70.
A lot better.
I tried the 11" DD on my F5 but that was a 13.5 kHz version from an F70 so mismatched and it worked horribly.
I am sure the correct frequency version would work much better.

My Nel Sharpshooter still seems to be the best one matched up on my F5.
Deeper than I would have dreamed, extremely sensitive to everything and super stable.
I have no interest in looking for other coils than this one at this point in time.

Mine came with the 11”DD and the 5” round. I ran that 11” for 7 years and found some pretty amazing items. Its a magnet for silver rings and silver coins in open fairly clean parks etc. At first I was not patient enough to learn the 5” but that will change this new year. With the new F75 and the Sharpshooter coil its pretty hard to put that one down now!

Thank you guys for feed back believe will order the 9.5 x 5"d.d. coil for my F-5.Hmmmm, would you believe some people are buying coins for their business,plus some places are not accepting cash :eek:

Thank you guys for feed back believe will order the 9.5 x 5"d.d. coil for my F-5.Hmmmm, would you believe some people are buying coins for their business,plus some places are not accepting cash :eek:
Plenty still use coins, laundromats for instance.
There are lots left buried for us to find that will hold us all over for years.
If I ever get frustrated if I think not enough coins out there to find I just watch vids like the one below and for some reason it makes me feel better.

I need to figure out how to get the fraternity and sorority houses to start this as a drinking game, outside, in the summer, at my house........