Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F-75 LTD malfunction

comisoas

Wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have not used my detector in several months and fired it up the other day. I had 2 horizontal lines where the numerical readout is. There were lines marking out numbers above as though I set notch discrimination (which I never do). After about 5 second the detector nearly goes blank with a low growl. I tried another set of batteries, same thing happened. The coil cord is tight. Batteries are put in correctly. I tried the detector factory reset, same thing happened. Detector off, push Menu and toggle outward at the same time, turned detector on, for reset. Same symptoms. I called Fisher and they may have me send it in. I am going to buy fresh batteries and try one last time. Any insight would be appreciated.

Dead batteries make detectors do all sorts of weird stuff. Only takes one or two bad cells to mess it up.

Hopefully fresh batts will solve your problem.

HH
Mike

I had it in the trunk of the car for a couple weeks, but it was cold here in NC during that time. No heat or humidity. Fisher said that should not have caused any problems. I will buy some fresh batteries and try.

Check for corrosion on the battery contacts before you give up and send it back.

Ron in WV

I hunt in a pretty rough environment. My F75 still hunted and it was in pretty bad shape when I sent it in. Fisher replaced coil and main box. I also upgraded the detector when the option came available. Mine never did that. If it dont hunt, send it in.

Good news. Mike Hillis is right. Apparently it was the batteries I used. I finally was able to access a fresher set of batteries that I previously have used in the detector and it worked fine. I just had used some mixed up batteries that had different charges and conditions apparently. I got all in a huff for nothing. We just finished moving so everything got all mixed up, including me, and my batteries as well. Thanks for all the comments!

Yup, a mixed set of batteries can always be the culprit. Been there done that. Finally bought a battery tester and whenever I am ready to go out on a hunt, test the batteries I will be using.

I usually have a whole bunch lying around. I have now mustered up the courage to throw out batteries that test as low. Even though I know I can possibly salvage a few more hours on them, it's not worth the hassle.