Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F-Pulse volume

ohiogal

Does anyone know if you can raise the volume on the F-Pulse pinpointer. I can feel the vibes on it ok but with my headphones on I can barely hear it. I just don't like pulling my headphones on and off. I had a TRX and could hear it fine.

How you hold it determines how loud it will be. Since the speaker is in the butt of the handle, if you have it pointed away from your face you won't hear it as well. I tend to only use mine only on vibrate mode as I try not to attract the attention of the passerby or dogs but I remember that it made a difference in volume when I had the speaker pointed toward my face vs away from my face.

All in all its a pretty good pinpointer.
HH
Mike

I like the F-Pulse as well. Gets pretty nice depth. Like Mike, I use only vibrate, too. HH jim tn

I use the F-Pulse on vibrate only and it works well for me. I also keep the LED light off, thinking it will save battery life. (Probably very minimal)

One other interesting note...when my batteries die in my TRX pinpointer I can put them in the Fisher/Tek pulse pointer ( I have the Tek version and continue to run them. I turn it on and off for each recovery but its still going strong three 3 hour hunts later.

HH
Mike

The batteries last me probably a few hours total of use before it gets low. I only use copper tops. Vibrate only, medium sens, no light. I leave it in the truck 24/7 and I know the heat doesn’t help the batteries.
FWIW, I opened a brand new one and did air test with mine that’s 2 1/2 seasons old. It was nearly identical. So that’s good.