Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher f19 first outing finds

This was my first time out with the fisher f19. I must say I really like it with the exception of a few small flaws that I can learn to live with. Anyhow here are my finds for the day. 2 coppers 1 toast and the other a 177? the last # is chipped, and a couple buttons. A silver octagon A. I think it is rev war period but unsure? If you know please chime in! The other is gilded and has a few #'s on it as well but needs more cleaning. Thanks for looking.

That octagon 'A' sure looks sweet, let us know what you find out about it...I hope its worth a lot of money for you PD!...I dont think I've ever seen one posted like that before...good work!:clapping:
Mud

What are the flaws? Thanks

Most of my octagonal are a part of a silver cuff link.The only button was a Tudor Rose lieutenants button of the royal navy.

woodchiphustler said:
What are the flaws? Thanks

I hunt heavy iron infested sites and it is really bad at falsing on square nails. right on the end of the nail it will give a good tone. So I was spending a lot of time trying to figure out if it was hitting on the end of the nail or if it was a target. I ended up learning just to watch the numbers the ID on the f19 is very accurate and stable so I will just switch directions and if it is jumpy I dont dig it. It never really jumps more than a few numbers ranges on a target. Another that works okay is to slow sweep it you will hear the audio crackle a bit at the end.

Mine has never done that as I hunt old colonial sites. Many square nails every swing. May I ask your V break? Try this .. Set your break to 39, zero disc and zero notch. Set your volume at 10 if you know where the nails are. If not 11 so you can hear them at low volume. Mine has never falsed even with nails on edge. Large iron will jump around. Thanks for the info.

I Vbreak at 40 everything else is 0 volume I set at 13. I will try and set volume to 10 or 11 and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

PowerDetecting said:
I Vbreak at 40 everything else is 0 volume I set at 13. I will try and set volume to 10 or 11 and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

Did you try the tip from woodchiphustler yet? I'm curious to know how it would work, hopefully better for you as well. I wonder if I could do the same kind of thing on my goldbug Pro?

I did try it out today but still same thing. It likes iron but I am adjusting to it well.

Something is not right. At 40 v break most iron hits as a low tone as well as some hot rocks. I do not like any disc because in most cases the v break alerts me to iron. Try setting your disc at 30, v break at 4 0 volume 10. Have you changed a coil? Round coils can hit iron on sides of holes.What is your ground reading?

I actually even tried running v break at 40 and disc at 40 and still it falses on iron nails. It also loves big iron but I know when I am over big iron. If it is deep big iron it will usually give a shallow reading so after I dig 4" I know it is iron and usually just stop digging. I have not changed coils yet I but a bud of mine has the g2 so I am going to borrow a coil from him and I will see if I just have a faulty coil. I may have to send it in to get checked out. Ground reading is usually in the 50's.