Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F22 repair

93MIATA

Looking for any help on identifying I.C. U11 on main circuit board. It's a surface mount SOT23-6 package with Marking Code BWWY. I have tried all of my SMD Marking Code sources and sites, with no luck.
I'm sure it is bad because it gets very hot and drags down my battery voltage. Fisher doesn't seem to be willing to help me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fisher not willing to help you ? I find that hard to believe. Did you buy your F22 from an authorized dealer / are you sure it is legit ? Did someone at Fisher Labs ask you to send it in when you explained the issue ?

I bought this on Ebay as a 'broken metal detector', so there is no warranty or anything. Fisher said that I would need to send it to them for repair. I've worked in electronics for about 50 years, so I was pretty sure that I could fix it. I was able to determine that this particular I.C. (U11) is bad. Fisher will not supply schematics or even supply me with a part number for this part. Someone on another website was able to supply me with a probable part number. I've ordered the part, so hopefully that will fix it. Thanks for your reply.

The I.C. is a surface mount SOT23-6 package. The Marking Code is BWWY. The location on the circuit board is U11. Sorry, these pictures aren't very good.

Attachments

• IMG_0011 (5).JPG
    IMG_0011 (5).JPG
    430.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0014 (2).JPG
    IMG_0014 (2).JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 169
I bought this on Ebay as a 'broken metal detector', so there is no warranty or anything. Fisher said that I would need to send it to them for repair. I've worked in electronics for about 50 years, so I was pretty sure that I could fix it. I was able to determine that this particular I.C. (U11) is bad. Fisher will not supply schematics or even supply me with a part number for this part. Someone on another website was able to supply me with a probable part number. I've ordered the part, so hopefully that will fix it. Thanks for your reply.
Send it back to fisher, they will put it in a-1 condition, not saying you cant but its not worth the time and effort. they just did my F75 that had the upgrade out of warranty, repaired it for a broken main stem, out of warranty fixed it at no charge. corrected every thing else they found, new main screen cause mine was scratched from dirt at no charge becuse the main stem that was adjustable was obsolete . and replaced it with the new model. Call Fisher And ask for Felix there main repair supervisor, anit worth screwing with.

Send it back to fisher, they will put it in a-1 condition, not saying you cant but its not worth the time and effort. they just did my F75 that had the upgrade out of warranty, repaired it for a broken main stem, out of warranty fixed it at no charge. corrected every thing else they found, new main screen cause mine was scratched from dirt at no charge becuse the main stem that was adjustable was obsolete . and replaced it with the new model. Call Fisher And ask for Felix there main repair supervisor, anit worth screwing with.
Send to keith wills eastbroken detectors in gilmore.Texas.