Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F44 .. thoughts or Opinions???

I have been thinking of getting an F44. I am fully aware spend more get more. However, the $400 range is my limit. It seem like a fairly nice machine for what it can be purchased for?? Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

I didn't like mine that much when I started using it. Mainly because of the noise. Once I learned how to set it up to quiet it down, it got better. I can't complain about it's performance because it does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I found many interesting things with it and many many coins old and new. I like the coil on it. Nice shape, covers a lot of ground and the pinpointing is very accurate in the middle of the coil opening. The depth is fine and it's on par with my F5 with the stock 10" concentric. It's very light. I can swing it for hours and hardly feel it. The volume control, back light and weather proofing are things I find very useful as well. It runs on only 2 AA batteries and they last a surprisingly long time ! It's a lot of detector for 400$. You could probably find it for 300$ which is a steal ! It's the detector I use when the weather is uncertain. I have absolutely no fear of using it in the rain. For me the main caveat is the noise it makes. I find it falses a lot when the sensitivity is moderately high and for that reason alone, I prefer my F5 as my go to detector when the weather man says no chance of rain. If you don't mind a relatively chatty detector, buy it and have no regrets.

Awesome. Ty. I was really wanting the F5!! It's really not so much a $$ issue but how much I will really get to use it. My life is mayhem to begin with. A few hours a month of use may be all I get???

I just got mine today and can not wait to try it out on Saturday