Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5 and CoinStrike search coils

Seeing that the F5 and the CoinStrike are both made by Fisher and they operate of very closer frequencies (with the F5 running at 7.8 kHz and the CoinStrike running at 7.6 kHz ) would the search coils from these detectors be interchangable between detectors?

-NEBeachcomber

I've had this question online for almost a week and no ideas or opinions??? :surprised:

Well,
I'm going to say NO!
The Coinstrike is pretty much on its own for coils. I don't know of ANY other coils that will work on it, other than the ID-Edge with a connector wiring change of one jumper.

I wish it were so, because Coinstrike owners would have a good array of the Greek series coils to choose from, the F5 in on the same platform as the Omega, Gamma, Delta, Alfa.

Mark

Thanks for your response MarkCZ.

I was hoping there may have been a possibility they would have been compatible seeing that their frequencies were so close together. If they had been compatible that would have been three more coils that could work with the F5 and Omega 8000.

-NEBeachcomber