Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5 coils

Well I waited to long to buy a Tesoro as a backup detector. So I am going to try and find a Fisher F5. That was the detector I was going to buy before Teknetics dropped the price of the T2.
So what I am looking for is opinions on which coil I should add to the F5? Should it be the 5X10"DD or the 5"DD.

I cannot comment about the 5x10'' coil but the 5'' coil on my T2 is deadly and deep,possibly one of the best coils that i have used forr the job it was designed for trashy sites etc,but when used in AM mode on the T2 it is deep.I do own and use alot of coils but the FT 5'' coil is superb,it may not cover a great amount of ground but it was designed for trashy sites and in that environment its deadly.

I bought a new 5" gold bug coil from a dealer for my F5 and the depth at best was about 2". Maybe I got a bad one.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
I bought a new 5" gold bug coil from a dealer for my F5 and the depth at best was about 2". Maybe I got a bad one.

Ron in WV

The same thing happened to me when I put a 5" Gold Bug coil on an Omega I had.
Mark

You had to have gotten a bad coil. I own a number of Fisher products, both old and new. Mine are crazy deep, at least with my F70, 1236, CZ-21, Goldbug, and others, you had better have a backhoe with you to recover some targets.

Bulletman

Shalom

bulletman said:
You had to have gotten a bad coil. I own a number of Fisher products, both old and new. Mine are crazy deep, at least with my F70, 1236, CZ-21, Goldbug, and others, you had better have a backhoe with you to recover some targets.

Bulletman

Shalom
Keep in mind what my brother and I are saying,
We were using a Gold Bug 5" DD on a different model detector that they're claimed to also work on.
He tried one on an F5 and I tried one on an Omega, and the results were pitiful.

Mark

CORS aftermarket coils for the F5 work very well.