Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5 question

yogaguy

Hi all. I had a couple questions about the F5. I had a Fisher ID Edge a few years ago and really loved it. I'm not a hard-core user...just like to get out and hunt every few weekends and so forth. I have college and other things I have to focus on. So I wanted something simple to use. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how simple the F5 is to use compared to the ID Edge? I'm not big into having to master settings and so forth. I kinda' found this out the hard way by purchasing a Minelab Quattro a few years ago. I got sucked into the "find what others have missed" advertising of the Quattro that I never really went to a dealer and tried one out first before buying it. I just purchased it online from a dealer. I was did find some stuff with it, but after trying out the Fishers, I really love them. I tried a Coinstrike a few months ago, but I really reallt got frustrated with learning the "threshold" control on it. I was wondering if the F5 uses anything like that? Thanks for any info. anyone can post on it. Sincerely, Randy

It's about as easy as your Edge to set up. It doesn't any problems like your concerned about.

I have been using a F5 in the last few weeks, and as a dealer, I have them in stock.

Question: Why not go with a ID Edge ? You already have experience with it. There still available new. Yes, they do cost more than a F5. $$$$

If you have any question PM me or email me.

Fisher took controls that you normally have to dig through menus for and put them on easy access knobs. Everything is literally right at your fingertips... The F5 also gives you lots of useful information in real-time that keeps you informed about what type of ground you're hunting in. Click HERE to look at a review I did on the F5.

HH'n

Hi Mr. Bill. I was just wondering about something...with the F5 being a 'newer' machine than the ID Edge, and it being considered by some people as a 'simpler' version of the F75, why does it cost less than the ID Edge? I did'nt purchase an ID Edge yet because I really just did'nt hunt much in the past. It was a weekend type of thing for me with school and such. But since I learned from the Minelab Quattro, I ould like to start hunting on a more regular basis. And I really liked the ID Edge. I just also heard about the F5, and how it was 'similar' to the ID Edge in capability, the F5 seemed to have a faster recovery time on targets, and a few other features...I was told. I'm not sure though. Sincerely, Randy ***Thanks everyone else too for all the info. on the F5. I appreciate it.

The "why it cost more" I can not answer. Given the choice, I would take the ID Edge over the newer F5. With a lifetime warranty, (if you find one), and a little better performance over the F5, it would be my choice. The Edge has the faster recovery speed, not the F5. Plus with the ID Edge you already have the choice of 3 different coil sizes. The F5 has only one.

On the other hand the F5 is quite inexpensive, easy to use, and readily available.

Parts cost more a few years ago they have found ways to cut cost but not quality.

New to the forum: When you refer to "recovery speed," what are you talking about. What does the term mean?
Katz

Hi Old Katz. "Recovery speed" refers to just how quickly the factory tuning will
allow the circuit to respond to a new target after just detecting another nearby.
The faster tuning will of course allow you to not miss a signal, especially in a
target rich environment. Some circuits are designed to "retune" the previous
tune setting more quickly than others. The need for this is obvious, particularly
when coinshooting a virgin schoolground for example, that could be hiding many
close together targets like a child's pocket change "coinspill" while playing and
rolling on the ground (ah, to be a child again!).:wiggle:
..W
P.S. Remember that your coil's sweep speed over the ground will also control
how many targets you may hear when they're spaced close together. Common
sense tells us that we sometimes need to search at a slower speed in some
environments.

Thank you.
I never considered the sweep speed before.
What would be the desired sweep speed for the Ace 250
as compared to other detectors?
Katz

Take time to smeel the flowers

About 2 feet per second...1001, 1002, 1003, etc. But you can move even slower if in
a rich target area. T 250 has a fairly fast retune, but just experiment...:happy:
..W

p.s. Also check out the Finds Garrett forum.