Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5

ohiogal

I read that the Fisher F5 is discontinued and I just bought a new one. Does that mean they won't honor the warranty?

I would not think that would be a problem with Fisher. I believe the model was discontinued a couple years ago...... new is new, keep your proof of purchase tho just in case. BTW, I’ve had mine since 2013 and the only thing thats given up the ghost is the foam hand guard. Good machine!!

I bought one a year ago. It would not power up yesterday.. It goes in tomorrow. I emailed Fisher and got a repair order number within 10 minutes.. Feel safe with Fisher.

I read that the Fisher F5 is discontinued and I just bought a new one. Does that mean they won't honor the warranty?
Don't worry. They will honor that warranty. It's too bad it's discontinued. It's a great machine.

For those new to the F5.......
Carry a small Philips screwdriver with you, the two small screws holding the control head come loose occasionally.
Get a small pair of hobby pliers (standard jaw) and carry them too. The collar where the coil wire attaches to the control head is a very tight fit. I can barely twist the collar with my fingers and I am not large fingered either. Collar also works its way loose occasionally and with the screw driver and pliers in your pack its a fast fix!!

Yeah I got mine from Metal Detector.com for that price and it came with headphones a carrying bad and a 4 inch shooter coil

You just got this recently, correct?
I just contacted them, they will get back to me during business hours...if they have one I can't pass up this deal being a huge Fisher guy that I am.
I have an F70, a Nox and a couple of Tesoros too plus an old F2.
In my dirt the lower frequency F2 found coins a bit easier than my higher frequency F70, those mid-range frequencies are just perfect for noticing coins and great for jewelry...especially gold.
This detector is one of the best jewelry hunter out there as a matter of fact.
This one isn't 5.9kHz like the F2 but close enough.
The two concentric coils you got are great on Fishers, one of my favorite types of coils, fantastic tones over coins and jewelry.
If I can get one I will also get to get a DD coil, I have very mineralized iron and trash infested dirt so an option I want in the arsenal.
I already have a Nel Sharpshooter for my F70, also a large Cors Cannon coil, great shielding and quiets down Fisher units so you can push them to extreme not levels which I like.
If my F70 coils will actually will screw into this thing they might work ok but the frequency won't match up for optimum performance so I want the correct one.
At this low price for the F5 adding a DD sniper, even at about $100 is prudent, a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.
If you ever think about an optional DD coil consider a Nel or a Cors...I have both and they work and work well.

There is something called the F5 bible out there, a download with a ton of compiled information from guru and premier coin and jewelry hunter Mike Hillis and others about the F5, how it works and setting advice.
Google it...can't put links like that here but easy to find.
Ya got a great detector...The better you learn how it works the more treasure you will find.

HH

Like Revier I started with the F2 and the F 5 was going to be my upgrade and I had already ordered more rechargeable batteries for it and the T 2 price dropped. I added the NEL sharpshooter coil to it and it works like a laser. Also weighs nothing. But I still wanted that F5 before they were all gone. Now life is good.

Like Revier I started with the F2 and the F 5 was going to be my upgrade and I had already ordered more rechargeable batteries for it and the T 2 price dropped. I added the NEL sharpshooter coil to it and it works like a laser. Also weighs nothing. But I still wanted that F5 before they were all gone. Now life is good.

I contacted them but they are closed on the weekend so on Monday I will try to scoop one of these things up if they still have them.
I posted on another forum that I might get one, as I predicted someone asked why as I already have a Compadre, a Mojave, an F70 and a Nox...and of course the Nox is supposed to obsolete old school detectors like this.
Don't think so.
Low freak is better for silver and higher is better for gold according to physics was brought up...again as predicted.
Maybe it's me and I am just weird but I have found more silver using my higher frequency detectors and shockingly more gold using the primitive low freak, preset ground balanced F2 than my higher Nox, F70, Vaquero and Compadre put together in three different states with wildly varying soil conditions.
Doesn't make sense but still true, and for some weird reason the F2 always found me a shocking volume of good targets in my very difficult soil around here, never very deep but still more in a couple of parks where I took all my higher freak detectors in and didn't seem to do as well.
The Nox and F70 are better at unmasking than the F2 and I have found some extremely masked coins the F2 couldn't see on its best day but it has still done way better than expected and as far as shear volume the F2 more than held its own.
Now the opportunity to get a way more powerful F2 with all those extra features and the lower midrange frequency at this fire sale price with 2 coils, a no brainer decision.
Mostly just curious to see what I can do with it here with that slightly lower frequency but I also do love playing with actual knobs so, bonus.
I should be very familiar with the language and behavior thanks to thousands of hours standing behind 2 other Fishers and the possible setting combinations and how well they work together should be short cutted big time because of all the experimenting I have already done around here with the F70.
Plus I already started to read and absorb the F5 bible info from Mike Hillis.
At the very least just another new detector I can futz around with and have fun because despite all I can find with my Nox that compressed -9 to 40 target range isn't close to as enjoyable as the shear fun I have hunting with my 0-99 other full range detectors.
Strange I know, finding great treasure is the goal but for me just enjoying the hunt itself and the opportunity to learn new tools has always held just as much, if not more weight, than the finding part.
If I can get one, plus the optimized F5 Sharpshooter coil, unless something totally and shockingly new ground breaking tech in the metal detecting world shows up one day I think my arsenal would be pretty much complete.
If it happens for me life will also be very good, indeed.

Last edited:
I will also be adding the sharpshooter coil to my F5. The sharpshooter on my T2 turned it into a weightless lazer. Pinpointing is also a breeze.

Well now you got me thinking, or it wishing, more coffee.....

I will also be adding the sharpshooter coil to my F5. The sharpshooter on my T2 turned it into a weightless lazer. Pinpointing is also a breeze.
When I put one in my F70 compared to the Fisher factory sniper the difference was incredible as was the bigger Cors coil.
The Sharpshooter found a tiny piece of broken silver jewelry on my first hunt so no loss and difference there, the big headline was on both coils the much better shielding quieted down my sparky, chatty Fisher so much it shocked me.
Surrounded by and hunting around, near and even under electric wires became a non issue, heavy Wi-Fi and other major interference sites were no longer challenging and overall a much quieter and more stable environment for me to enjoy.
If I wanted to push the gain and thresh high, even to the max, which I sometimes do and which most can't believe the levels I can hunt with, I could do that easily and still find more than my share of shocking treasure.
My Fisher coils just couldn't compete in that area which confuses me.
If a coil company in a foreign country could manufacture such noticeably quieter coils like this surely this major American company could too...but for some reason they couldn't or just wouldn't.

When I put one in my F70 compared to the Fisher factory sniper the difference was incredible as was the bigger Cors coil.
The Sharpshooter found a tiny piece of broken silver jewelry on my first hunt so no loss and difference there, the big headline was on both coils the much better shielding quieted down my sparky, chatty Fisher so much it shocked me.
Surrounded by and hunting around, near and even under electric wires became a non issue, heavy Wi-Fi and other major interference sites were no longer challenging and overall a much quieter and more stable environment for me to enjoy.
If I wanted to push the gain and thresh high, even to the max, which I sometimes do and which most can't believe the levels I can hunt with, I could do that easily and still find more than my share of shocking treasure.
My Fisher coils just couldn't compete in that area which confuses me.
If a coil company in a foreign country could manufacture such noticeably quieter coils like this surely this major American company could too...but for some reason they couldn't or just wouldn't.
Yes the coil sure made a difference in this soil If your still in Huntsville you have about the same soil we have Tupelo, Ms.

Birmingham.
There is a swath of real extra bad heavy mineralization that runs from the west of me, north and south for several miles and continues on to the east into Georgia.
The whole state has challenging dirt, where I am it is unusually bad.
Then I have massive iron issues, everywhere I go from parks to private lawns there are a million extra pieces of rusty iron, old pipe pieces, screws and nails...so many old nails.
I hunted my front lawn last week with my Nox and my F70 and shocked I was able to find a few good targets after hunting it a hundred times before.
I went real slow using some outside the box settings and watching for odd but semi repeating behavior.
All targets weren''t deep but all were severely masked.
Every hole had a nail or other rusty garbage in it, one hole had four nails and nothing else.
This is in my front lawn, imagine what my public parks are like where more often than not many old homes if not whole neighborhoods were knocked down to make those parks.
Most older hunters around here gave up on most parks years ago, they were all convinced they got all the good stuff back in the days when silver wasn't deep and still p!dutiful and easily found.
They were wrong, there is still treasure here but much more difficult to find than the old days.
I found good sniper coils are my best weapon to notice the good stuff in these sites when treasure is still hiding like ninjas.

For those new to the F5.......
Carry a small Philips screwdriver with you, the two small screws holding the control head come loose occasionally.
Get a small pair of hobby pliers (standard jaw) and carry them too. The collar where the coil wire attaches to the control head is a very tight fit. I can barely twist the collar with my fingers and I am not large fingered either. Collar also works its way loose occasionally and with the screw driver and pliers in your pack its a fast fix!!
I carry the Leatherman it has all the tools I need .. You just never know when you will need to use it .

Birmingham.
There is a swath of real extra bad heavy mineralization that runs from the west of me, north and south for several miles and continues on to the east into Georgia.
Then I have massive iron issues, everywhere I go from parks to private lawns there are a million extra pieces of rusty iron, old pipe pieces, screws and nails...so many old nails.
I hunted my front lawn last week with my Nox and my F70 and shocked I was able to find a few good targets after hunting it a hundred times before.
I went real slow using some outside the box settings and watching for odd but semi repeating behavior.
Every hole had a nail or other rusty garbage in it, one hole had four nails and nothing else.
This is in my front lawn, imagine what my public parks are like where more often than not many old homes if not whole neighborhoods were knocked down to make those parks.
Most older hunters around here gave up on most parks years ago, they were all convinced they got all the good stuff back in the days when silver wasn't deep and still p!dutiful and easily found.
They were wrong, there is still treasure here but much more difficult to find than the old days.
I found good sniper coils are my best weapon to notice the good stuff in these sites when treasure is still hiding like ninjas.
I’m down in Baldwin county along the bay. I came from Iowa. To my surprise the sand soil here is super mild and across the bay in Mobile is like a black dirt sand mix. My FT machines never show any bars and GB in the upper 50s in Mobile and up to the upper 70s over here. I had the Omega out today for an old yard. Not much found but some wheats and a harmonica reed. Of all my machines the omega had been used the least since I don’t really hunt yards and parks much. It is a coin freaking magnet though. I bet the F5 is as well. Using the FT 10x5DD EMI was running the show on the omega. Nothing over 50-60 sensitivity was useable. I went right back through with the g2 cranked all the way up-no emi. Got the rest of the wheats out with it. 🙂

Birmingham.
We have a park here in Tupelo that I know was hunted way before I moved back home. I have a friend that I hunt with and we have both found civil war bullets there. Just recently he found a v nickel. You or anyone else every find it all. Every time we go to this park it's like the first time.

I contacted them but they are closed on the weekend so on Monday I will try to scoop one of these things up if they still have them.
I posted on another forum that I might get one, as I predicted someone asked why as I already have a Compadre, a Mojave, an F70 and a Nox...and of course the Nox is supposed to obsolete old school detectors like this.
Don't think so.
Low freak is better for silver and higher is better for gold according to physics was brought up...again as predicted.
Maybe it's me and I am just weird but I have found more silver using my higher frequency detectors and shockingly more gold using the primitive low freak, preset ground balanced F2 than my higher Nox, F70, Vaquero and Compadre put together in three different states with wildly varying soil conditions.
Doesn't make sense but still true, and for some weird reason the F2 always found me a shocking volume of good targets in my very difficult soil around here, never very deep but still more in a couple of parks where I took all my higher freak detectors in and didn't seem to do as well.
The Nox and F70 are better at unmasking than the F2 and I have found some extremely masked coins the F2 couldn't see on its best day but it has still done way better than expected and as far as shear volume the F2 more than held its own.
Now the opportunity to get a way more powerful F2 with all those extra features and the lower midrange frequency at this fire sale price with 2 coils, a no brainer decision.
Mostly just curious to see what I can do with it here with that slightly lower frequency but I also do love playing with actual knobs so, bonus.
I should be very familiar with the language and behavior thanks to thousands of hours standing behind 2 other Fishers and the possible setting combinations and how well they work together should be short cutted big time because of all the experimenting I have already done around here with the F70.
At the very least just another new detector I can futz around with and have fun because despite all I can find with my Nox that compressed -9 to 40 target range isn't close to as enjoyable as the shear fun I have hunting with my 0-99 other full range detectors.
Strange I know, finding great treasure is the goal but for me just enjoying the hunt itself and the opportunity to learn new tools has always held just as much, if not more weight, than the finding part.
If I can get one, plus the optimized F5 Sharpshooter coil, unless something totally and shockingly new ground breaking tech in the metal detecting world shows up one day I think my arsenal would be pretty much complete.
Need some help trying to find the f-5 bible:help::help:cjm45

Need some help trying to find the f-5 bible:help::help:cjm45
Don't think so.
Need some help finding the f-5 bible :help: Thankd-cjm45