Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F70 start up?

hi guys...just bought myself a Fisher F70, l`ve used the Teknetics T2 and Fisher f75 previously.l mention this as l`m used to hearing some sort of noise when l turn the machine on...this F70 is totally silent, no beeps or anything, is this normal for this machine?

The only time it makes a noise is when its set up, but start up is silent?

Thanks in advance,

Karl in Grantham ,UK.

Hi Karl. No noise when turning it on. No beep. Never even thought about that. Had to turn the F70 on and listen. :confused: You have the T2 and F75 and now the F70. Most people go the other way. F70 to the F75 or T2. I really like the F70 a lot. It is an easy, light machine to use and it handles the beaches and parks real well. Of course I am not looking for the pots of gold coins or artifacts that you guys are looking for. I am an older guy who likes to get out and hunt with a light machine that I can swing for hours and come out the next day and do the same thing again. I have found my share of coins and jewelry using it. Happy Trails....Z

hi Z..

many thanks for that, it was quite a surprise to turn the thing on and hear nothing, but if that`s how it is l`m happy :detecting:

I agree, most people do go the other way, its more of a need to basis rather than of choice!

l jumped on the band wagon and sold my T2 when the price of 2nd user T2`s went up, bought it 2nd hand myself for

I have never made anything on selling my detectors. Usually lost a good amount on selling my detectors. I have been trying to find a detector that would work for the kind of detecting that I do. I have had to go through a number of different kind of detectors. Just trying them out to see if me and the detector would work together. Some how the detectors just didn't do what I needed them to do. The F70 and I work fine together. It is always surprising me with just what it will do in the field. I have worked many sites and it has always worked at every site I have gone to. I have worked parks next to freeways, next to construction areas, next to deep tunnel projects, downtown parks. I have worked 7 (fresh water) beaches and it has been able to work the whole beach. Wet and dry sand. I GB when I move some distance, when the ground conditions change, when I haven't GB in a while. If I can't punch through the sand for any depth I drop the sens down to 45 and thres@ +5 or more. Usually run at 75 sens and -3 thres. I adjust it daily. I don't like a noisy detector, it drains me, so keep it quiet. Everyone is different. That was a nice birthday present. I haven't found a gold coin. Hope the F70 works for you and you enjoy it. Happy Trails.....Z

That threw me also was use to the F-2 beeping at me when i turned it on, but the F-70 dosent i usally turn it on then ground grab so I have noise then go. . Happy Hunting Stryker

Thanks again guys :wiggle:

You can see my gold coin here..first and only gold coin in nearly 25 years metalling :rant:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=20855&cat=135

There is no one detector that will do it all, I have a F-70 and 4 other detectors and all 5 of these detectors Does do it all when I get through with a site its Truly hunted out. if you are trying to find one detector that does it all you need to post it to let everyone know. HJH :detecting: