Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher f70 vs nakota makro simplex+

Adamscr812

I have a chance to purchase a used Fisher f70 at the same price as a new simplex+. It will be my first metal detector and I was curious to what machine would be recommended. Thanks for all the help.

If it were me, unless I absolutely needed waterproof, it would be the F70 all day. You should be able to get F70's for a steal price now, considering I've been seeing fully loaded F75's in the high 200's the past couple weeks, and T2's in the lower 200's.

Simplex is a great machine, but based on my test garden the F70/Patriot out-performs it.

I would go with the simplex mainly for under water hunting is a big + , gives you more options IMHO. HHHANK

Adam, what type of hunting are you going to do? Coinshooting parks?, relics? beach? water?

In my nasty red soil, the Simplex handles it way better than my f70 did that I had. The f70 was noisy , and not much depth, compared to the simplex. If you have mildly mineralized soil, the f70 might perform deeper.
The f70 had a better disc circuit . What I mean by that , is the simplex in 3 tone mode, the 3rd tone point starts at 45, ( zinc pennies read out at 66}So a fair amount of aluminum crud comes thru as a high tone. With the f70, most aluminum crud came thru as a mid tone.
I feel the simplex was built as a relic and beach , water, machine, which can be used in parks, but I tend to grab another detector with better tone control, disc features for the parks. HH