Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75-DST- Thanks To Henry I Got Some Silver Today:fisher::detecting:

tabman

I got an early start this morning in hopes of finding a new place to detect. I saw a man cutting back some hedges at a really old church. It was located on a main drag, on a corner lot and had steep grassy slopes up from the sidewalks to the church. All the things that I like to see when I'm looking for a good place to detect. I got out of my car and went and introduced myself. I asked him if he worked there or was he the pastor. He just grinned really big and said no that he was just a member of the church who likes to help out keeping the place looking nice. I asked him if it would be OK for me to run my metal detector over the corner and bank areas of the church. I told him how I would only dig small plugs and hardly leave a trace. He told me that it would be fine and for me to have a good time. It didn't take long before I got my first wheat penny. I showed it to Henry and said that he had some of them hidden away at his house. We got to talking and he starting telling me that I needed to also detect a long the service walks around the church and a long the hedges. I'm in like Flint.:) Long story short, most of the finds where on the steep banks around the church. Hard to detect, but rewarding.

I'm still not used to using the new F75 with the upgraded DST yet. I had the old version figured out. Now I'm having to start the learning process all over again.

tabman

F75SE-2%201945%20Dime%20002_zpsaslq9cde.jpg
F75SE-2%201945%20Dime%20004_zpsh67jxaht.jpg

F75SE-2%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20005_zpsnf7issdl.jpg
F75SE-2%201945%20Dime%20006_zpsohuvceng.jpg

It's the NEL Sharpshooter Coil.:thumbup:

tabman

Great hunting there Tab!:clapping:
With all that door knocking, you would a made a good encyclopedia salesman!:crylol: Sounds like you made another friend .:thumbup:Who knows, he might get to thinking of some other old dirt for you to have a go at?
Mud

Dave the NEL Sharpshooter coil is nearly as deep as the 11 inch DD coil. It easier to pinpoint with, it gets into tight places, it separates better at trashy sites, it handles EMI better and is a breeze to swing. Look back at some of my old threads and you'll see the Sharpshooter coil next to some really good finds where I used the Sharpshooter coil on several different brands of detectors as well as the F75.

tabman

Do you have a favorite coil for each detector..or do you pretty much run what comes from the factory with the detector ?.

The reason I am asking is......I have used and have some after market coils myself. BUT .. I find that the factory tuned coils for the unit seem to (IN most Places) works better overall.
Do you experience this same finding.. Granted there may be a site or two the aftermarket works better for EMI or some other reason.. I'm only saying overall for the stock tuned coils..
I did notice the Nel coils seemed to really love old rusty bottle caps and they always in my dirt hit as a coin ID, and sounded like a coin..

Elton I haven't used a DD search coil that doesn't love ole rusty pry-caps. Depending on the site and what I'm looking for I will use a detector and search coil that's best suited for that particular site. If I'm at a site that's loaded with pry-caps, I'll use a concentric coil. If I'm detecting a large open field that is mostly trash free, I'll use a large DD search coil so I can quickly cover the site. I use smaller search coils for trashy sites. Yes there are certain detectors that I prefer using a certain search coil on. My very favorite overall combination presently is my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil. Elton you got me now wanting to try a F70.:)

tabman

the little Fisher 5" coil dosnt hit those caps on the F19 the NEL 5" hits some not all though.

I don't use the 11" coil its been in the cupboard for years, the 10 x 5 gets some use.

like the F19 as I can swap coils with the Omega.

AJ

n/t