Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75 SE Software Version - I've got 8.0

ArizFlash

I sent my F75 SE to Fisher a couple months ago. There were a few sites where I went that had 115kV overhead lines nearby (200 yards) and the F75 would just shut down. It would chatter excessively but wouldn't pick up a quarter waved across the coil.

The Fisher tech couldn't duplicate during his field testing. However he changed the coil connector and added some sort of EMI shielding and when I got the detector back it had version 8.0 software. It came with version 7.0A software. Maybe the 8.0 is just a line in the software so Fisher knows it was sent in for servicing. Has anyone else sent their F75 in and it came back with different software version?

I haven't noticed much difference in the performance. The detector operates better next the to powerlines with less EMI noise and it hasn't shut down again at the same sites.

My usual setup is as follows:

On start up I change the All Metal side to motion from static.
- BP process
- 4H tones
- Disc 4
- Sensitivity at 60 or higher depending on EMI
- All other settings are factory default

Twice while out detecting with the new software when using the settings above something changes. I got persistant lower volume iron tones no matter where I ran the discrimination even up to the maximum of 65. I can make the low volume iron tones go away by doing a factory reset. It sort of made me sit up and take notice of how much iron is in the ground at these sites.

Anyone else have the version 8.0 software?

When this happens, try and reduce the discrim to 0. I suspect the low soft iron tone will remain.

I wonder if you are getting a peak at the next feature on the F-75 platform - iron tone.

FYI on the 8.o software: According to the factory the 8.0 software was necessary to work with the change in company who manufactors the display.Everything else is the same ie; NO update on EMI issues. All detectors manu. in 2014 have the 8.0 software--on your serial # the first 4 numbers are the month and year of manu.
I just purchased my F75 Ltd today so I have been a busy boy on researching latest info on F75 Ltd. Hope this helps.
MineLab: 2200,extreme,Explorer{2} TDI Pro,TDI Sl,Whites GMI,Fisher M Scope,Tesoro Lobo,several Garrett DeepSeekers and a big ManCave to hold all this stuff.