Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher/First Texas products pass the beach test with flying colors

Ed Steinhoff

Just spent ten days in Maine visiting my stepson and His family, so of course I had to take some detectors. Being landlocked in the Southern Colorado mountains I very seldom have an opportunity to use a water machine so buying a beach machine for this one trip was not a viable option. I have been reading the beach and water forums for several years trying to learn as much as I could so if the chance came I would not feel completely lost. That helped a lot, it turned out. Many thanks to all the good posters on that subject.
My weapons of choice for this trip was the F-70 and Bounty tracker IV. While there I hunted Old Orchard beach and Crescent Beach near Portland and two smaller beaches farther north up by Camden and Belfast and fresh water hunted the Sandy river near Norridgewock, plus two city parks in Waterville.
In all sites and conditions both machines worked perfectly and I don't think I could have done any better with a fancy specialty/salt water machine other than the waterproof aspect. The F-70 took just few minutes to set up and balance to the beach in all metal so that it ran totally silent in the dry sand , wet sand, and the water. The tracker only took setting the sens and disc to not miss small objects, it has auto balance and the toggle switch between all metal and disc made ids fast and easy. While both machines found a large amount of clad and relics ( one really nice case pocket knife ) I do have to say that the Tracker IV scored more clad on the beach that the F-70 did!! The only issue was the tracker would false if you just touched the coil to the surface of the water but not if you directly immersed it.
Total coins found between the two was just short of 400, none was old enough to be silver and only two wheats,a 1957 and a 1944 but that is ok I still had a blast, going to totally unfamiliar county, new conditions and going right to work successfully. Gentleman don't be to hasty in getting the latest and the greatest ( unless you are just a tech guy ) knowing the equipment you have and how to use it is more important than the fanciest equipment.
I did not post any pictures because it is just everyday clad and you guys see enough of that.
HH Ed in co.