Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:fisher: Fisher CZ-5 Tone Control

jimmyjiver

Hi, My Friend Recently Bought A Fisher CZ-5 . We Done Some Air Test And Noticed That A Modern Day Square Tab Was Indicated With A High Tone And Read Out As A Nickel..Discrimination Was Set At 4.. I Was Wondering If This Is Normal For The CZ-5?...Thanks

The Square tab segment is right next to the Nickle and its possible some of the square tabs have a conductivity that will overlap into the Nickle area.When I have hunted with my CZ in the past I've always kept the discrimination down very low and pull the high tones out of the trash.At this point I wouldn't worry about a square tab reading as a nickle.My suggestion dig square tabs and see which or how many read as nickles.

if you dont dig tab's you will leave 3/4's of the Gold Rings in the ground! as gold rings and pull tabs most have same tone and ID. but if you only want coins disc the tabs out.

Hi, Thanks To All That Responded.. I Really Don't Think Fisher Should Of Put The Square Tab On The Meter As A Mid Tone When It Reads As A High Tone... But Maybe There Is A Select Few That Will Read As A Mid Tone And Be Indicated On The Meter In The Right Location.. I Guess Only Time Will Tell......Thanks Again

Some tabs are so close to nickle in conductivity they read as a nickle and some nice gold rings also read as a nickle. Actually in most areas a CZ is a nickle grabber so always dig the nickle reading and of course get some junk along the way..With the thousands of different tabs and now foil from water bottles impossible for the above not to happen...

The square tab phenomena was started by one of the leading cola mfgs. The amount of aluminum in the manufacture of these tabs were reduced and account for the nickel reading-and on numerical id's they are almost dead on the same-just a few numbers apart .

Of course some may overlap, another thing to consider is a real old indian head penny will sometimes read square tab..Only a guide my friend and feel your CZ is working fine...Any other metered detector on the planet will do the same but as some are 1-100 meters its possible to ignore them but the again might miss a nice gold ring. Sort of a catch 21 situation...