Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Manta PI, hey Steve Herschbach...help!

I know there have been a lot rumors, speculation, and rumblings about this machine. Everything I have seen is about it being a killer beach machine. My question is will this also be a nugget machine, able to handle Rich Hill mineralization? Been thinking about the SDC 2300 but want to wait and see. Thanks...

Jeff

Don't know if Steve will see this - if he does, I expect he will answer.

The Fisher PI which will be introduced - sometime - which has been developed from the manta Project - is a dedicated beach machine optimized for finding gold jewelry. It does not have the kind of full scale ground balance capability which gold nugget PI detectors have.

First Texas has disclosed that they are working on a land version of the machine which will be intended for gold nugget hunting, but that is a follow-on project - I suppose it's well underway, but that doesn't mean that a production version will appear anytime soon.

Which, in my mind, is a good thing if it's not a crossover nugget machine. Anytime a machine promises to go effortlessly back to one venue or the other, you can bet there will be compromises. That is : There will be better Beach machines, and there will be better nugget machines. So I would be glad if it is strictly a beach machine.