Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher or Bounty Hunter 10" coil

kydigger

I have a /discovery 3300. I just bought a 4" Gold Nugget coil. ( Thanks, Rickie Crowder for good deal and smooth transaction.)
I'm looking to buy a 10" coil also.
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the Bounty Hunter or Fisher coil is better, and why.

Thanks

As far as I know, they are the same coils. I checked both Fisher and Bounty Hunter websites and the look the same and are the same msrp. You machine reminds me a LOT of the Fisher F4. You might also look at the 11" DD replacement coil for the F4 to put on your Discovery 3300. I picked up one over the winter for my Trackers. I have only had one chance to take it out so far but I think it is going to become my favorite coil. I find it easier to pinpoint with than I do with any of my other coils, except possibly the 4" coil. Before picking up the 11" DD coil, I used the 10" magnum coil almost exclusively. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

HH,
Doug

Doug do you know if the Fisher F4 11" DD replacement coil will work with a Bounty Hunter Platinum? I just picked up 2 of these detectors at Cabelas for $299(reg price $499) each and they appear to be identical to the Teknetics Gamma 6000 except that the coil connector pushes on rather than having a screw on fitting. What kind of connector does the replacement coil have? Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

You got me on this one. I would think that it would fit, as it is a push in type of connector. I did read on another post though that the 4" coil works, but the depth and ground balance does not.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?60,594826

You would probably do best to write First Texas before buying the F4 coil just to be safe. If it is the same as the Teknetics then it will probably have an operating frequency of 7.8kHz instead of the normal Bounty Hunter frequency of 6.58kHz-6.8kHz (the Fisher F4 is 5.9kHz but actually seems to work better than the "regular" Bounty Hunter coils do with my machines).

Doug

Thanks Doug for the info. I guess I will give First Texas a call and see what I can find out.

Joe

Just got off the phone with First Texas. Tech told me the Platinum and Gamma were basically the same unit operating at 7.8kHz and that any Gamma accessory would work with the Platinum. He wasn't aware though the some of the Platinum's had the older push on type of connector to the coil and said they didn't make an adapter to make the screw on coils work with the Platinum. They do have the 11" DD coils for the Platinum with the push on connector for a $199 price tag. Just wondering if it's possible to make up and adapter to connect the screw on connector to the older type push on connector.

Joe

I have the Bounty Hunter Platinum metal detector and it works great with the standard 8" coil. However, the 4" and 10" coils do not work as well and this
is not only my opinion but is the opinion of the Bounty Hunter Company. They told me the Fisher 11" DD Elliptical Coil should work with my Detector.
So, I ordered this 11" coil and will test it when it arrives.
I'm sure the 4" and 10" Bounty Hunter coils work great with the other Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors except for my Platinum model.

reltolbert said:
...So, I ordered this 11" coil and will test it when it arrives.
I'm sure the 4" and 10" Bounty Hunter coils work great with the other Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors except for my Platinum model.

When you get your 11" coil and have a chance to test it, please let us know how you like it.

Doug

Look under 'Bounty Hunter Platinum' blog and you will see I made a comparison between the standard 8" coil and the 4", 10" and 11"DD coils.
Anyhow, the 8" is superior to all the other coils.
Remember, this comparison is for my Bounty Hunter Platinum metal detector. I'm sure the 11"DD coil and the 4" and 10" work well for most of the
other Bounty Hunter models.
They do not work as well for my detector, especially the 11"DD Elliptical coil. It's not worth the $125 I paid for it.
So, I will stick with my 8" coil for now because it does a great job.
I can detect a .01 ounce (.3 gram) of gold flake at 3" (discrimination mode) and 4" (all-metal mode). Also I can go to 9 1/2" for a nickel (discrimination) and 13" deep (all-metal) on an air test only.

Thanks...Just read your report.
Doug

The Teknetics Omega 8000 is the same as the Bounty Hunter Platinum. A spokesman with the Bounty Hunter/Teknetics/Fisher Company told me this today.
So, if you have a Bounty Hunter Platinum metal detector and you want to buy extra coils (5"DD, 10"DD, 11"DD) make sure they are the Teknetics brand.