Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Service is at best Very Disappointing!!!

kaptainkosmic

Returned my cz-20 under lifetine warranty last fall, local dealer said he thought it was a coil problem. A month later after paying $25.00 service fee, unit was returned. In their words they replaced the housing, the panel, the potentiometers, the gasket, the pointer knobs the phone jack? and the pc board.(made it a cz-21) I put several targets under the coil & it seemed to be working properly.Took the batteries out and put in storage for winter (I live in Mich) Finally got an opportunity to go water hunting in early June put the detector on its stem and turned it on NOTHING! Changed batteries, nothing replaced battery pack with one from standby unit nothing. Put both battery packs in standby unit and they both work! Called Fisher, talked with Felix and explained that I had not used the unit since its return in the fall. Was given a return authorization # and returned it. After several weeks Felix called to tell me my detector was fixed and that I owed them another $25.00. I again stated that I had not used the unit since the last repair and didn't think I should have to pay the $25.00 fee again. His replay was what do you want me to do. I told him that I wanted my Detector before the whole darn summer was gone and that I would pay the $25.00 so they wouldn't hold my detector hostage. I have contacted fisher twice via their website concerning this matter and no one has even bothered to reply. OH and guess what this time the repair was the coil!

Terrible Customer Service! And even worse is the fact that they don't seem to care!

Steve

well i could be wrong about this but this is F/T and unless its a digital or the new type machine F-series, i know on the 1200 series some of the members i've talked with sort of almost got treated like second class people and i got a feeling it might be like this with the cz series to because there actual real fisher machines not F/T equip, don't be surprised in the near future if you saw the the 1270 gone and possibly the cz series becuse they will call it old technology just my thoughts or how i see things with this company from what i've been reading from different posts and not only that they hurry like heck to get the newest machine out and then everyone that had bought them has to send them back for some sort of recall or defect for instance the new gold bug SE and then they can't seem to get the names right or what ever so everybodys confused!

You stated it seemed OK when you got it back so i assume it worked
when Fisher sent it out the door.
Now if it were a week or so later and it crapped out i could see your point, but it was six months later.
I understand you put it in storage , but how is Fisher to know it was not used ,dropped kicked ,and
bumped for the last five months.

As for the service fee, if that was for shipping it back to you ,it sounds fair to me .

I am in no way saying you did anything wrong, but if thy took every ones word thy would go broke.

gmanlight said:
You stated it seemed OK when you got it back so i assume it worked
when Fisher sent it out the door.
Now if it were a week or so later and it crapped out i could see your point, but it was six months later.
I understand you put it in storage , but how is Fisher to know it was not used ,dropped kicked ,and
bumped for the last five months.

As for the service fee, if that was for shipping it back to you ,it sounds fair to me .

I am in no way saying you did anything wrong, but if thy took every ones word thy would go broke.

The $25 is not the point although its a sore spot, not to mention the shipping fees that I incurred to return it the second time, so now its really about $40. The fact that the detector was not fixed correctly the first time is what grinds me along with the potential loss of 1/6 of my season due to lack of good craftsmanship. Since I specifically told them the first time that my local detector guy who has 30 yrs experience thought it was a coil problem, you would of thought that someone might atleast have looked at that the first time it was in. Now that it turns out the coil is the problem really stinks to high heaven.And just as irritating is the lack of anyone bothering to contact me after I have contacted them twice concerning this matter. I agree that the 6 month time period is a stretch, but I'm not smart enough to come up with a story like this, its the truth. If it wasn't I wouldn't be on here bashing them now. I appreciate your point of view but from where I sit I could not in good conscience recogmend fishers repair dept.

Steve

First Texas, they did a great job for me. My CZ-6a went haywire very chatty and unstable,they replaced my coil connector on the box and a new coil Retuned it and shipped it back to N.Y. in 2 weeks for $155.00. I was treated very well by Felix and First Texas.
If their havinf trouble with Qulity Control with their coils i got a very hot 1 back from them.
thanks Gary