Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Warranty Info.

itaska71

HI everyone
I am having trouble with my 1235x.
I can not get it to stop chattering.
Lowered sensitivity, changed Freg. lowered Disc. moved coil wire.
nothing workes.
I have never had to send anything back to Fisher before.
Can anyone tell me the best way to proceed, and give me a best guess of what it may cost ?
Thanks for your help.
Mark

Well just call Fishers Customer service line. It can be obtained off their website or in the users manual I believe. It shouldn't cost you anything unless they make you pay for Shipping to get it there.

Just checked with Fisher. Bottom line, I pay shipping both ways & pay all parts & Labor. No Warranty.
I have just become a TESORO man for life.

What in the world is wrong with the detector? Fishers warranties are very very good. What did they tell you? Is the warranty under your name to begin with?

Thats weird because I know guys that have sent in Fishers that were made in the 1980's. I sent Fisher an e-mail in regards because I want to know for my own knowledge.

Very weird though since I do know people that have sent in their pre 2000 Fishers and had them repaired free. Must have been special circumstances. Either way, personally I would still take a Fisher over a Tosoro but thats my humble opinion. What detector were you trying to send in?

"Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Fisher. The lifetime warranty started and cover units purchased after 12/01/99. Only units purchased after that date are covered under the lifetime warranty."

Fisher makes a good machine but that warranty is very shady. The whole deal on the new machines where you have to give them $25 after the first two years is deceptive. That's not really a lifetime warranty. The only detector I am certain of that has a true lifetime warranty is Tesoro. Even though you're supposed to be the original owner, they usually fix their machines no matter what, free of charge. And I'm sure that's a big deal sealer for Tesoro. It was for me.

I just looked at my Impulse registration card and it had just a 5 year warranty:( bought 1996... I thought it also was for life...My new 3D should be ok!
Those years go by fast. It must of been 5 years before 2000!
I think Garrett has always been good even when it had expired..They sent me new battery holders for my GTA the other day free and one extra set! Thanks for bring up the subject!

Many electronic today, that everyone owns, have 90 day warranties. (My $700 Dell LCD had a 90 day warranty.) I personally wouldn't mind paying to have my CZ20 fixed, if it ever breaks. With all the drops and bumps it's taken over the last 10 years and the fact that nothing has ever gone wrong I am not really worrying about it. In the mean time, I have found thousands of dollars worth of stuff with it and probably could still sell it for close to what I paid for it.

I am not trying to say a lifetime warranty isn't better than 5 years, or that is doesn't suck when something you own breaks and you have to pay to fix it. I just am mentioning that owning a great machine that works as well as the fisher, even with a 5 year warranty might be better than having another brand that doesn't find as much, or breaks more often with a lifetime warranty.
(Now I have to duck and run)...seriously, nothing against Tesoro, I just am glad I have had my fisher all these years.
Maybe try to charm them into fixing it for you. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. EXAMPLE: I forgot some envelopes in the car for a few days and we made a payment that posted 2 days late. This is after being with them 5+ years and paying on time and in full (they don't necessarily like the in full part) they charge $39.00 late fee. The first guy I called said it's impossible to refund it. I asked for a supervisor, she said they would refund 50% and that was tops. I asked to cancel the card and that person credited the $39.00. The point is I had to persist politely. I don't feel bad about it, everyone makes mistakes, but it is a polite persistence that might just get your machine fixed for free. Even if you don't if you like the machine and it serves you well, fix it and find a gold ring to sell. The price of gold makes it a bit easier to pay off.