Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher warranty/repair Questions

BenG76

I havent been on here in forever and I have not detected much the past year or so. We were having nice weather yesterday here in VA so me and the wife decided to hit some tot lots. I was checking our detectors before we were going to leave and the batteries were dead in our Fisher F2. When I put new batteries in it started smoking a bit.

I took it outside and removed the batteries and let it sit a bit. Put batteries in it again after a while and it works but it wont shut off when hitting the power button and the volume is very low. I havent tried headphones with it yet this is the sound through the speaker.

I bought this detector in 2010 but I am not the original owner. There wasnt a warranty card in the box so if it came with one I guess the original owner may have sent it in. Am I screwed? Kinda leary of using it now since this happened.

Please let me know if anyone has dealt with Fisher's warranty or repair department. I dont really want to spend much to repair this since its not worth that much. Although this is a great unit for tot lots and playgrounds with the 4 inch coil. Thanks

The Fisher warranty is to the original purchaser only. They are good about taking a look and letting you know a cost before doing a repair. I would recommend calling them and talking to them before making a decision. You can explain the problem and they will give you a return number so you can send it in if you go for the estimate. Good luck, sounds like a weird problem. I hope they can get you fixed up.

Don
HH

Fisher is good with working with people.. Call them they will help you out.. Another thing for future reference if you are not going to be detecting for a while take you batteries out. It might be one of the reasons for the malfunctions. GL HH

Took it out today and the volume is real low even with headphones. I was able to turn it off and on today though. It volume was low but I could hear it but its not loud enough for regular use. I guess I will call Fisher tomorrow.

I agree with Cometguy. Since you are not the original owner, you can send it in and First Texas will repair it. I have had trouble with one of my units in the past and they were great and fairly reasonable. I called them and gave them a description about what was wrong and they were very helpful. You might give the repair folks a call and see what they have to say.

Depending on who you get in front office customer service, they may or may not recognize the problems you're describing. However the tech who deals with it will recognize what's going on and will know how to do the repair.

--Dave J.

Well I talked to someone at Fisher today and I am sending the F2 in so they can look it over. They told me once they check it out they would contact me to let me know what it may take to fix it.