Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher / Whites coil plug

skookum

High,
I already posted this question on the Fisher forum, but got no response.

I`m getting tired of swinging the weight of the control box around for hours on end, so I decided to chest mount my 1270 as well as the 6000.
Problem arises that the coil cable is too short for this application.
Now not wanting to splice cable in between to lengthen it (I am a nit-picker in this regard), here

I think that you can find the plugs you want from Switch craft.You can order from any company that carries Switch craft products.

if on Fisher connectors like on Minelab they are very common and used on car radio stations and etc... http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-5%25252dpin-connectors.html but remember look for better quality, cheap can be disaster and only good for garbage.

Well, searched through both links.
Result : No go Joe.
I still can not find the 5 pin female plug with a flat on the outer diameter (which is 11mm).
Threadsize for the locknut is 15 mm.
Can anybody please help out ????

HH
skookum

I have looked at Allied and Mouser electronics web sites and both do not carry the Switch Craft connectors that were used on the older detectors any more. I used to buy these from both of these vendors. You might contact Whites detector and see if they would sell you a couple.

[attachment 250282 2012-11-27_121359.jpg]

BINGO.
JACKPOT.
Thanks a lot Mike.
I missed them when I searched the Switchcraft online catalog the first time - even though I spent hours searching through all sorts of 5 pin female plugs.
This will put me giant steps ahead towards completion of my set task.

Greetings from Germany

skookum

Edit: and also thanks to Steve who told me to look for them at Switchcraft right the first reply.