Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fitted a SS Garrett Sea Hunter arm rest...:cam:

SNOWY

I never liked the arm strap idea on the Explorer arm rests, so I fitted this light SS armrest from a Garrett sea hunter.

It feels really good, and gives total vertical arm containment, while allowing quick and easy arm withdrawal...

P1211744.jpg

P1211747.jpg

The ring above the handgrip is for clipping on a bungy cord for long days with big coils ( WOT.)

An aid for venerable old pharts !

n/t

Yeah, thanks Elton, it feels super.
You just slip your forearm into the opening, and yo get support from above, and below.
I'm happy !:thumbup:

How did you connect it Sir ?? Nuts bolts or just screwed to shaft ??
I really like that.idea.

Elton, the Garrett armrest is fastened to the Sea Hunter with two countersunk screws,
I used these two screws to fasten the armrest to a plate I made from a piece of thick PVC sewer pipe.
There are two stainless nuts glued underneath the PVC plate, ~ so I can undo the screws without losing the
nuts when I might need to adjust the position of the arm rest.
I did this drawing to show what I did.

I used Microsoft Paint.

Armrestplate.jpg

I hope it's clear enough to give you the idea...

Cheers:cheers:

By the way Elton,I guess that the SS armrests would be available from a Garrett dealer.
I would make sure that the SS screws were included too !

n/t

n/t