Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Five month finds recap

JoeVal

As the calendar year comes to a close, I just wanted to share with you folks the fun I’ve had for the past five months. I’ve bought five detectors and two pinpointers to help the economy along, and spent a lot of hours out in the sunshine, heat and now the cold, swinging a stick and digging holes. I got to find my first class ring and return it to its owner, and watched more YouTube videos on metal,detecting than a sane person should watch. I’ve also learned enough from others experiences to significantly shorten the learning curve on each machine that I’ve acquired. I’ve dug a bunch of Matchbox type cars, and enough trash to fill two 5-gallon buckets (yeah, I kept track of the trash as well.).

I’ve hunted and dug 1,190 coins, and at least that many holes extracting trash that I thought would be treasure. That's the fun part of this hobby...not ever being 100% certain that the signal you dig is going to be the target you imagine it to be. The most important thing I’ve learned is that all five of my machines are capable of being bald faced liars in any given day.

I know my finds pale in comparison to the veteran detectorists, but they’re special to me. I know I’ll never get to financially wealthy from this hobby, but it’s a hobby that can be used to consume 30 minutes or an entire day, and still be rewarding.

Enough drivel...here’s my little cache of finds for the five months I’ve been having fun.

-- moved topic --

That for sure is a great pile of goodies. Congrats.
And this shows how you like the hobby and playing
to the dirt. ;)

Good Luck & Happy Holidays

For my finds this year which is about to come to a close, 2,144 quarters, 1,873 dimes, 570 nickels, 1,661 pennies, 16 $1 coins (non-silver), 3 halves, 4 silver quarters, 2 silver Halves, 12 silver dimes, 63 wheat pennies, 2 gold rings, 1 gold necklace, some silver rings. I purchased a F75 in March, 2018 and a used Cors 13" DD coil. My finds from the F75 and large coil amounted to $671 in clad coins which break-even for the purchased of the metal detector and large coil. I averaged $2.38 and 19 coins per hour. Definitely, I wouldn't quit my 9-5 job to do this full-time.