Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flash Flood desert videos we should watch

tvanwho

I was exploring YouTube and happened to clik on a ' flash flood in the desert' video.Very interesting and dangerous .Might give us some ideas where to look for gold in a creek after a storm in the desert ?
I've experienced a wave in a creek in Indianapolis once, right in the city. We were mining in a small creek about 20 foot wide , and no thunderstorms there, but off in the distance, we could see ominous black clouds. Well, all of a sudden a WAVE comes washing down the creek, just like in these flash flood videos. The wave was less than a foot high, but it was really moving. We took that as a sign to get our highbankers and dredges out of the creek.Less than an hour later the creek went up almost 2 feet in a raging torrent. Good thing we paid attention to the initial warning wave!!! In some of the videos, smaller boulders are rolling around like beach balls and gravel banks are caving into the flood. Makes me want to move back away from a gravel bar next to a flooded creek after seeing that !! Dunno how these amatur camera people made their videos without drowning. people don't seem to realize the power of fast moving water....

-T

Scary. I never even considered this as a danger. I've
always been concerned about snakes and two legged varmits!
Robt2300

yes flash floods are a danger....keep in mind that there has to be higher ground someplace for it to get to you,

One of my favorites....... fast forward to about 1:10
Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCnQuILmsM

Looks like central Colorado is the place to be for flood gold next year? They are getting the 1-2 punch of forest fires removing the vegetation and heavy rain/floods/mudslides eroding the hillsides this year. Seems like a lot of gold should be washing down and into the creeks? Kinda feel sorry for all the suffering they are getting hit with tho...Even high ground ain't safe to be on if its not bedrock..

-T