Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flat batteries shut down

eagle52

I took my Safari out yesterday put new energizer batt. in and soon after I got this message on the screen " FLAT BATTERIES SHUT DOWN " I check the batt. in my White's detector and they are 12.8 V
Is this normal for this detector ?

Its normal to get that when the batteries get low. I had a problem with mine recently when I was MDing the Safari kept shutting down without warning. Did it about 6 times. I thought I had a problem with my Safari. I tried to recharge my batteries, after about 1hr I looked at the batteries in the charger & noticed one battery wasn't taking a charge. Took the battery out & noticed a sliver of the label had separated from the label & was laying across the bottom of the battery, I removed that piece of label & it charged up & the Safari has been fine since.

Sometimes mine would shut down wile swinging the detector , took me a wile to figure out the problem , what it was is that the batteries were not tight enough inside the holder , now a rap a piece of scotch tape around each one before sliding them in , that solved my prob. Hope this helps , just another thing you can try (-:

I would suggest get the RB Inovations rechargeable pack.They last for hours befor needing recharging. Best investment I've made