Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Floating Disc? :shrug:

Wishful-thinker

I like to run my Disc. just below pull tab,so i don't miss rings,Ive even marked it on the dial face of the Vaquero
when I first bought it. Now the problem is I still have that pull tab I carry with me,BUT after I ground balance at different places
the pull tab either Discs higher or lower,sometimes on the mark.
The 1 Million dollar question is does the disc. change because of the different ground balance OR is it
normal potentiometer float? And once set it stays perfect.

P.S. yes the nut is still tight ,on the potentiometer ..

When I had a Vaq I marked the disc knob too. But my mark was about at iron so not to lose ladies gold rings. Just below pulltab is way too high.

Maybe the ground balance setting affects it some.

Testing the jewelry that I can put my hands on, some of the nicest and more valuable pieces come in mid to upper foil to nickle range. The most valuable piece is right at nickle. Set just below tab would miss all the 14K and 18K pieces I have either bought or found. That setting would find some of the larger 10K rings though.
tvr

I shoulda said that some of the sites I hunt are foil nightmares.other sites I disc just over nail.

Wishful-thinker said:
I shoulda said that some of the sites I hunt are foil nightmares.other sites I disc just over nail.

That one's easy. Take a nickel and rotate the disc until the nickel just starts breaking up, then back up the disc slowly until it starts coming in loud and clear. This is the setting that was recommended by none other than Mr. Gifford himself for places like that.