Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florence Italy Find

kimbershot

I was fortunate enough to tour parts of Italy for the last several weeks. On one of our excursions, we visited the Pitti Palace and adjacent Boboli Gardens in Florence. This site dates back to the mid 1500's as a palace built by the Medici Family. Prior occupants in the area date back to the Roman era and before. While walking through the garden area on a gravelroad, I noticed a round hollow shape--in a washed out area of the road bed. Picking it up--it had a heft and patina, so I figured I had something different.

On our return to the hotel, I started googling to see what, if anything, my find could be. It didn't take long to get a few hits, with all leads heading towards identifying the item as either ancient celtic "ring money" (I think it's bronze-maybe silver-but I didn't want to ruin the patina) that could actually have been produced 800-500 B.C. or part of a harness junction for straps, that could date from the 1-2nd century A.D. Whatever the true identiy is--it's not worth a whole lot of money, but it's still pretty neat and was totally unexpected.

Very neat indeed, and it looks like a ring from here! Nice trophy of your visit!:clapping:
Mud

I hope you had a plate of Pasta for me. Spent 5 months punching holes in the Mediterranean back in 78 in a U S Navy Submarine. We visited three places in Italy and I loved the Food. That ring is a very nice find. Congratulations.