Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florida beaches

ROADKING

The worst hunt I have been on wife and I hunted Saturday and Sunday all day and did not find any thing other than a few Penny's.bottle caps and two bobby pins.But you now what' it was still a great time and a great day Surfmaster PI Performed I think like it was supposed to. Hard to admit that I failed to put it over the good stuff owe well next week.I am new to the water hunting for the most part I had beach hunter ID and did not give it a chance I decided water hunting was not for me and went back to the dirt hunting but now I am in joying both just need listen to you guys and learn .Thanks for all the words of wisdom that comes from experience and devotion to the sport it does help so much when you are out there and beening newbe again. Its a great sport. Thanks again.

Roadking

Did u hunt in the surf or just the dry sand? In the St pete/Clearwater area they drag/rake the dry sand at most beaches every couple of days to keep them clean and manicured. Kinda like they do the sand traps at a golf course. So they pull out most of the trash and goodies. I've learned to search the areas that they dont rake, which are wet sand by the water and by the walls of hotels and homes. Try to search an area before they rake it.

Very interesting .I hunted in the water mostly wife hunted dry sand we were at Venice, and Siesta Key they get hunted a lot I guess. there just was not much there.The week before we went to City Island and there was 5 People coming down the beach with detector.I could not belive it and the northern people are not hear yet.I do thank you for the info it does help alot.Mike

Venice huh, never been there. I did read somewhere that they were dredging the venice inlet and must have gone over a wreck because they were spitting gold coins onto the beach. Don't know exactly where or when though.