Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florida Beaches.

CoinRobber

How many gold rings does the average Florida beach hunter find in say a week if detecting say 4 hours per day. I live in the uk and dream of searching such beaches as florida.

If you think we find multiple gold rings every week, then you've been badly misinformed. Florida beaches are not the modern day El Dorado by any stretch. I've been searching Florida beaches for more than a few years and I have yet to hear of anyone who finds multiple gold rings on a weekly basis. Yes, I've certainly found rings on both east and west coasts but not in the quantity you think. Depositors just don't come to our beaches and throw away rings by the bushel. ;)

How many gold rings does the average Florida beach hunter find in say a week if detecting say 4 hours per day. I live in the uk and dream of searching such beaches as florida.
That’s a hard one to answer!.....there’s too many variables involved!......I know this,I sure found a lot more at my area beaches back in the day!.....There were times I came home with about 3 or 4 gold rings in one trip in such time!......today that seems hard to do!....you still find them but seems you got to work a little harder.......Is it because beach layout & conditions or competition?.....I think it’s both........Metal detecting has gained popularity over the years in part because of better equipment & MEDIA COVERAGE!!!!

And speaking from another who lived "on" the beach for 6yrs (LBK Sarasota/Bradenton) Joe Black "speaks the truth!"

"Siesta Key" is [ probably the better ] of the beaches because it attracts tons of college kids for Spring Break and they get kinda stupid on booze etc
It's also popular with tons of others from around the globe including the USA too...
So gold rings do come up more here!

If you're 'dreaming of golden beaches', where it does happen and still happening then you've gotta go to South Africa...

When I first started many years ago I can remember finding 3 gold rings in a day. and Maybe 8 or 10 in a week. As others have stated the conditions have changed and you have to work harder to see gold smiling in your scoop! The one thing I do know is that if you don't go....then you don't find. By the way if you are in UK you have access to some awesome history. I wonder what you are finding there?

You do know they (city) rake the beach on Siesta key every morning Right?
FYI: Tractor pulling the very large rake.

Back in the 80's I was hunting a beach in Monterey Calf, and it was just after a big storm and had about a 5ft cut on the beack, this hunt produced 32 gold rings in 3 days, it was a glory hole, never done that good since. I was useing a white PI. Grubstake

When I first started many years ago I can remember finding 3 gold rings in a day. and Maybe 8 or 10 in a week. As others have stated the conditions have changed and you have to work harder to see gold smiling in your scoop! The one thing I do know is that if you don't go....then you don't find. By the way if you are in UK you have access to some awesome history. I wonder what you are finding there?
I am finding nothing much at all here actually. The main problem is that many farmers now won't give permission. They usually say they have someone else doing their land or they have clubs detecting the land.
The farmland I have managed to get permission to detect on has given up nothing at all just junk bits. I am now a park hunter. I am happy finding a 20 pence here and there and the occasional ring.

I keep detailed records of my hours spent MDing and detailed finds. Historically in Florida I have found 1 gold piece for every 200 or so coins and average about 7-8 coins/hr on beach hunting ( about 1 gold piece per 25 hrs). This year has been unusually good to me and I have averaged 1 gold piece, usually a ring, every 90 coins and have averaged one silver piece, usually a ring, for every 60 coins. This year I have averaged 7.8 coins/hr and about 30% water hunting, 20% low tide/wet sand hunting and 50% or so dry sand hunting.

Gold - 20
Silver 30

Found 5 gold rings in about 1 hour a few years ago in the surf on the east coast , will never happen again!!!!!!!

Grubstake, I lived in Monterey for two years back in the late '60's . Naval Postgrad. School. Studied my butt off but had a great time there. Wonderful people. Probably has changed drastically now.

Being a Floridian I can tell you....The grass is always green on the other side, then you see it's all weeds