Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florida Questions...

GeoPa

This time next week I'll be halfway to New Smyrna Beach. I'm staying for a week or so. I'd like to detect in New Smyrna Beach and probably Daytona Beach or the Ormond Beach area.
What are the conditions in those areas as far as sanded in ect.
Where are good spots to access the beaches. I'm not asking for anyones secret spots or anything like that... just some spots to park and get on the beach to detect.
This is my first time detecting in Florida, I'm bringing my Excal and an explorer as a back up.

Thanks for any info... George

Hello George.Just drive up and down a1 and a1a and you will find all the beach you can handle.As far as hunting cond I cant help you,I live on the west coast.Good Luck

Hi George,
I can't speak for New Smyrna Beach as I haven't hit it recently. As far as Daytona Beach, it has greatly improved the last week or so. It still has a bit too much sand but if you hit it at low tide, it should produce. Thanksgiving Day at low tide I snagged a nice man's watch and my first Mercury dime. Today (Friday 11/25/05) at low tide I got my first man's gold ring. I was about two foot into the water and recovered it 12 to 14 inches down. Darn water is cold by Florida standards, plus it didn't help my self image, either.
Last week a buddy drove over from Ocala to hunt Daytona and he snagged 3 rings in no time.
So if New Smyrna doesn't pan out, come on up to Daytona. By the way, driving on the beach is allowed, tide permitting. I believe that after November 30th, there will not be a fee to drive on the beach. Before the 30th, the fee is $5 for Volusia County residents. I'm not sure what it is for non-residents. You can go to the Volusia County website at www.volusia.org and follow the link to the beaches. They have a map showing all the beach access points, both drive-on and walk-on. Also were all the parks are located.
Have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Stirling, N5PIP
Daytona Beach

Thanks for the info Guys. I'm sure that your water temps are warm enough b y my northern standards. Incidentally a friend of mine retired to Ocala in July 2004 and he's going to drive over one day to detect in Daytona while I'm there. George