Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fly over the earth for free on your computer!!!!

beachguy777

This may not quite be metal detector stuff, but it could be, in a way. I just found out about a program called Google Earth, and I down loaded it for free off of Google. Just type in Google Earth and you can get to it for free. All I can say is it's a mind blower!!! It's basicly ariel photographs of the planet earth, except for high sucurity areas, and you can zoom in or out on anything you want to look at and litteraly fly over cities and beaches, whatever you want. You can zoom in to as close as 300 or so feet in altitude above any place on earth and look at it. The other day I flew down the coast here in San Diego, and you can literally see cars, trees, swiming pools, etc. you can get that close, but when it's that close it's a little blury, but when you go out a mile or so it clears up. You gotta see this thing to know what I mean. It's a lot of fun and you can route destinations on it too and litterally fly over the route you want to take. You can either view the earth perpendicularly or at an angle as though your looking out of a plane's windsheld while flying above the ground. Check it out!

I downloaded it yesterday and it really is amazing, I found my own house and well almost every friends house, family, etc. One thing is that the pics are about 1 year old, here is a pic of my house. *Be warned, the minimum requirements are Pentium 3 or equal, 128mb of RAM, windows 98 or newer, etc. Also 32 bits of graphics and a 16mb video card.

BTW here's the link to download Earth (click on download free version in the top right corner: http://earth.google.com/

That's awsome Ace. I think your house looks clearer than my house here in San Diego area, but it's still a "killer" web site. Glad to see you having fun with it.:hot::)