Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flying Eagles, IH cents and old Silver program

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
This is a program I built for finding those deep old coins at less trashy areas. Bin two and four have the higher tones and are set up for Flying Eagles, IH cents and Silver coins.

[attachment 237351 abcdiscpattern1indiansandsilver.png] [attachment 237352 abcdiscpattern2indiansandsilver.png] [attachment 237353 abcToneIDprofileindiansandsilver.jpg]

Have ya had any success using these two patterns? I currently run an open screen with no discrimination. Not sure I'd wanna discriminate anything out just incase I catch a nice repeatable gold ring. :)

Good questions. I've probably built 50 different programs on the CTX 3030 and had success with each of them. Each one has different applications. This specific program was one I built for finding deep old coins at a couple "favorite" spots that I've been detecting for years. One is an old fair ground that stopped being used in the late 1880's. The other is an old race track that went out of business in the early 1890's. The only "trash" I find in them are old nails from the stables or shelter house, rifle casings and shotgun brass. So I consider them to be "low trash" sites. I'm comfortable running with these discrimination patterns as Pattern 1 allows all targets with FE properties between 7 and 16, restricting only the CO values of what is typically wrap around effects of the bent nails. And in Pattern 2, I only reject FE line 35. With that said, I've been advocating using an open screen for years. Since using the CTX 3030, I am starting to change my thinking about using an open screen all the time, as I did on the X-TERRA and E-TRAC. The benefits of Ferrous Coin and Target trace has made this a whole new ball game, as far as some of my "old habits" are concerned. Even I have to keep reminding myself.... this ain't another Explorer or E-TRAC. It is a whole new beast!

As to the gold rings..... with the FE lines set as they are in Pattern 1, and the nearly open screen of Pattern 2, I've been fortunate to have found several gold rings with similar discrimination parameters. On the gold rings I've found, the FE values vary greatly. But the CO numbers have all been within the CO values of 8 - 15.

I'd encourage everyone to do some "head to head" testing of buried targets, using an open screen vs discrimination. Particularly with some of the new Audio Profiles and Separation modes. You may discover some combinations of settings that will change your mind on hearing everything and letting your ears sort it out. I know I have, for many of the sites I hunt. JMHO HH Randy

Just finished loading your pattern, and will give it a test here in some mild trashy spots. Even running a open pattern like I've been doing can get annoying at times with all the chatter, even with the advantage of low tones for iron, and I've been wanting to out of force of habit, to switch into a pattern with discrimination to quiet it down. Will see how it goes this weekend. :)

And that is the beauty of being able to switch back and forth between Pattern 1 and Pattern 2 with the press of one button. HH Randy