Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FOD Headphone Review first impression

A

Anonymous

Here is my initial impressions on the Funkyphones.
I plugged them in keeping in mind the warnings about excessive volume. Turned the unit on first then set the threshold. I don't set my detector to full volume as most do, I prefer to have the shallow signals sound off well but not distorted like full volume does and listen carefully for the soft mosquito like tones of a deep coin. I didn't find them too loud when just turning the volume to minimum which is my preferrred setting.
I always measure new headphones to my old standard the WWII air corp headphones. I used the Funkyphones first and initial impression was they were not as clear and crisp as the military units. I then switch to the military phones and was surprised to note THEY were the ones that sounded slightly muffled in comparison.
The Funkyphones beat my favorite unit hands down in this early testing. Both are good but the tones in the Funkyphones were clearly sharper and cleaner. Couple that with the superior external sound isolation they are going to be a hard set to beat.
I will be giving them a good workout this weekend and will post a more thorough evaluation then.
Dan

Hi Dan;
Give 'em a good workout, and I hope you find lots opf goodies.
Jane and I are beginning our trip back to Thailand tomorrow, so I won't be on the forum for awhile, until I can get Internet access again.
Good Luck
fod:)