Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

foil

JCOTE48

Hi, New to the Hobby. I just purchased an ACE 250 and took it out the last two days and found a lot of foil. If I discriminate the tab and metal it still picks it up. I then did the same to the one cent and the five cent coin and it finally stopped picking it up.Is their an easier way? I realize I wont find any rings this way.

There is no magic setting. Foil will always be a good signal and pretty consistent in the middle of the scale (pull tab signals.) Truth is, if you are looking for jewelry, you are going to dig a lot of junk as well. After a while, you will be able to determine a lot of the signals just from using the machine more and more, but that said, if you pass up the nickel tones you will pass over the gold rings as well. As far as discrimination, that foil will bounce between the mid tones. On the AT Pro I've had foil from a decent 45 tone up to 60. That's about the scale you are describing. Just depends on the size and shape of the foil. Good luck and HH!

What Strycker said, there is no easy mode for finding good targets, it will take a bit of patience before finding good targets. One little tip I may tell you, and you may pick it up already. If you listen to the sounds closer, you will sometimes be able to tell if it is a larger target. If the tones last longer than a quick tone, it may be larger. So you may be able to tell if it is larger than a ring size or nickel size. Does take practice and an ear for it, but it is possible to get a better idea of the target that way too.