Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Follow-up to AT Gold with NEL Tornado coil from 11-19-15

Pete4AU

Have had the ATG only a couple of weeks now and don’t know it very well but so far I like it. I bought it mainly for use in the water but I’m not taking it into the water until I’m confident in my ability with it.
In the Youtube video (Part 1) linked here I had the NEL Tornado coil on the ATG. You will see where I found a .22 short shell that was at least 6 or 7 inches deep. The signal was loud and clear with the NEL coil on this small target even when I raised it higher. As you will see I’m not very good at making and narrating videos but I am very proficient at swearing so bare with me. I’d be out there again today detecting and cussing away if it wasn’t raining.
The only problem I have with the Tornado coil is that the ears of the coil (or whatever they’re called) are not at all flexible so it can not be screwed down tight enough for my liking. Some advice from Mudpuppy helped remedy this problem. Thanks again for the tip Mud but I wish you would have mentioned sooner to use an EMPTY mike carton! Oh well, that cat was happy and I don’t even own a cat!
In the next video (Part 2) I used the NEL Sharpshooter and Sharp coils as well as the Tornado. No complaints with either one. Found a couple of what I consider ‘Keepers’ too. I putting that video together now.
Take care and HH

MB

[video]http://youtu.be/F2asalDBKjI[/video]

Pete4AU the AT-Gold is a awesome machine when I hunt with it if theres an abundance of iron around I leave the iron audio on if not I leave it off till I get a signal then I turn it on to check to see if the signal has iron content. This may help you from digging so much iron trash. Congrats on the seated dime!! I've only found one in my 20 years of hunting and it was a 1890 in well worn shape.

Thanks for the tip 88, I'll give it a try. I'll try all the tips I get.

Take care

Pete

Enjoyed the video Pete. What kind of camera setup do you use. I've got a gopro on my list but am confused by their advertising and don't know what kind to get.
Thanks!

Great work Pete! Thanks for taking the time to film your field run for us!:clapping:
Mud

Glad you liked the video Mud. I think the ATG part 3 video is better. Please let me know what you think. I'm posting the link now.

HH

Pete

I tried to respond to you but it didn't get posted! Huh!
Well, it went something like this.... I use three different camcorders. Kodak Zi8 (I have 3 of them). A GoPro 3+ Black and a Panasonic, the model number I'll have to find because it's covered with camo tape. Had I known more about the GoPros I would have purchased the White instead of the Black. I don't need all the features the Black has and I would have save some bucks.
I am going to explain these cameras in an upcoming video. If I used a tripod, my videos would look more professional. But I am just too rambunctious and impatient to be setting up a tripoc than taking it down and packing it up again. Just the thought of that makes me cringe. I'm just a simple boulder bouncer that likes to do it quick and then get a-move-on to the next one. I do love the scenery and I have been out many times when the coil has barely touched the soil because I was just staring at what was around me.
Glad you enjoyed the video and hope you like the next one too.

Pete

I have the NEL Attack on my gold and it runs very smooth and gets great depth. Highly recommend it.