Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Follow-up to my post about "NEW TARGET ID detector"

CWRelichunter

Ok folks, dudes, old-farts, and ladies:

As I write this I see that my post yesterday about whether Tesoro's top-of-the-line detector should be upgraded has 108 VIEWS.

As of now, Four different people have responded. FOUR?

Does this mean:

1) Over 100 people were AFRAID to reply?
2) Over 100 people have no opinion?
3) Over 100 people don't care about Tesoso products?
4) Four people viewed the post about 25 times each?

It's no wonder the older technology Cortes has not been upgraded. If nobody cares one way or the other, why should Tesoro change anything?

Wow !!!

J in FL

I found a gold ring last week that I sold to a gold buyer for $80-simple 14k band. It registered as a pull tab. What else is there to say?

Maybe no one else need respond, or you didnt like what I had to say, but like I said yesterday, WHY would I want to pay more than the current retail of a Vaquero? If I or anyone else here wants TID we would simply purchase something else.

Just read the post you refer to. You've pretty much laid out what would be the perfect Tesoro ID machine for me assuming it still has manual ground balance in both modes. And, yah I'd buy one.
BB

Point well taken CWRelichunter,

BUT the point is, this subject has been hashed and re-hashed over and over for years, and what has Tesoro answered back with? It took 8 years to come up with another non-metered detector, the Outlaw. When and if they come out with something new and improved with Target ID, I will probably be too old to dig.

5. Folks don't like to see a train wreck, but they hate to miss one too.

I buy and love tesoro because they are not tid machines. I have tid machines and they are all inaccurate. And tesoros sounds tell you everything you need to know if you just take the time to get to know them. I have a fbs minelab wich is supposed to be the best but its tid is nothing but a liar and all the minelab guys say listen to the sounds. So why use tid if you're not going to go by it and its wrong anyways. Tesoro if you're reading this please stay away from tid. And please come out with a golden umax that we can ground balance. . Thanks tesoro for being AWESOME..... just my 2 cents.

And my wife's DeLeon qualifies at that requirement and so does my Toltec ll or Toltec 100. The reasoning for having a TID detector is because I want to look for higher conductive old coins first and foremost, not wasting time on lower conductive junk, and besides that, you can't dig every target in a person's yard. If I find start finding older silver and copper coins in a yard as indicator of age, I then start concentrating on deeper targets, a depth gauge comes in handy here. I do some relic hunting out in the boonies using non-metered detectors like the Bandido or Pantera and they are all I need as I use a shovel as my discrimination.

Tid does have its place but I would hate to see Tesoro go completely too that side cause It would limit our choices. Every other brand is tid for the most part . Its nice to know that tesoro is keeping up with our knob turning simplistic needs. I use tid when im not searching for the deep stuff.

spellman said:
Tid does have its place but I would hate to see Tesoro go completely too that side cause It would limit our choices. Every other brand is tid for the most part . Its nice to know that tesoro is keeping up with our knob turning simplistic needs. I use tid when im not searching for the deep stuff.

spellman,

Looking at the Tesoro catalog, I see two Target ID detectors and all the rest are non-metered, so I think that the beep and dig detectors are well represented there. I just think that if they went with a make-over on the Deleon, with only one change, they would have a winner. That one change would be a manual ground balance tied into the discrimination and all-metal modes, just like you was saying about the Golden

I like what I have now. Why Change ?
I have both an id machine and a tone only machine.
They each get used a lot.

Hombre said:
spellman said:

spellman,

Looking at the Tesoro catalog, I see two Target ID detectors and all the rest are non-metered, so I think that the beep and dig detectors are well represented there. I just think that if they went with a make-over on the Deleon, with only one change, they would have a winner. That one change would be a manual ground balance tied into the discrimination and all-metal modes, just like you was saying about the Golden