Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fools Gold ???

Dug this ring up out of the wet sand here on the Gulf coast of Florida. It was deep. Have found bout 8 gold rings over 5/6 years while wintering down here. This just doesn't have the luster of gold. Looks like brass to me, however brass is not magnetic. The ring is slightly attracted to a strong magnet. I seem to remember reading somewhere that gold jewelry that has been in the ocean for a long period of time can have the base metals leach to the surface. I've never come across a hallmark that is indented in the ring as this one is. Your thoughts, fools gold??? I never did invest in an acid test kit. Rang up 18/20 on my NOX.

Attachments

• IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    579.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    619 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    822.8 KB · Views: 199
That would carry some serious weight, if it turns out Gold. I found a 14K chain once, couldn't pull it off a magnet. Fake of course.
Good luck on yours. PS. It's Gold till it's tested.

Never seen 18K look like that...
I would have it tested.

I would stop by a jewelry store and ask them to check the ring. I have never had one say no.